2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Mazda emblem cut up for that evil look! (pics inside)

13K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  BearlyHere 
#1 ·
Okay its really not all that evil looking but thats what people call this modification. Just looks like a more pronounced "M" to me. I have yet to see this on a 3rd gen, seen it on many 2nd and 1st gen 3s. Well here are the pictures:

Cut up with a dremel

Reapplied 3M sticky exterior double sided tape

Naked!

Complete!

See less See more
#4 ·
Lol @jeremiah you didnt have to put a pic with your info on it. That's only if your selling things rofl. My 2 cents would be open it up a bit more and sharpen the ends to be a complete point. Otherwise looks good. Do you have a build thread I forgot if you did or not. Here's mine and by what I mean.

#8 ·
I agree with French. Maybe a little more off the bottom would look better. Either way it still looks good.
Agree with the others...just a bit pointer turns up the evil ;)

Frnchplayr15 - lol now I know. I can see what you mean, opened up a bit more with more prominent ends would look good too. Yours came out nice. I don't have a build thread yet.

swerv0428 - Thanks!

tastic - Thanks and yours looks good, nice prominent ends/points.

#7 ·
#9 ·
Is the emblem easy to remove?

#10 ·
When the car is still new I would say its easier. If its been a couple years its more "stuck on."

I didn't even have to use a blow dryer to heat up the adhesive. Just some strong fishing line and plastic putty spreader (wrapped in mf cloth to prevent scratching).

#11 ·
I wonder if it would work on the front as well

#12 ·
It could be done but I dont think it will look right since the front emblem/grill combo has that recessed/indent area. If you cut up the emblem then the top/bottom areas will still be "outlined" and it will look off. Not sure how clear that sounds but I think you know what I mean.

#13 ·

^*update*^

Decided to take off the rear "M" emblem again and give it a 3 day bleach bath (Clorox brand). (changing out the bleach at the end of each day)

The fork you see in there is holding the emblem down.

Then gonna sand it down in preparation for paint. I am thinking of doing the following colors:

1. Roswell grey (Alien flesh color)

2. Mercury silver (same color of the silver Volk wheels)

3. Gitd (glow in the dark, will look white during the day and glow kryptonian green at night)

4. Flat/matte/satin black (no gloss....just looking for a flat look or a sheen)

#15 ·
Ordered a silver one for my white car.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Bumper

#19 · (Edited)

Decided to keep all emblems off and just plug the two holes with some white plugs from my local hardware store. I think it looks pretty clean for just 20 cents. :)

P.S. the aftermath of the 2 day bleach bath.

Call me crazy but I kinda like this look. Its beautifully ugly.

#24 ·
Anyone know if the holes need to be plugged before Evil M is applied? Evil M comes with a 3M adhesive back.

#26 ·
Installed

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Mazda

#27 ·
2017 coming home in a few days...got to do it again!

#28 ·
#29 · (Edited)
Evil M front emblem has side slots too big for 2017. My grill got carved to make it fit (guess previous models came with taller holes). It does leave open holes from the top center of the Mazda OEM emblem. Will post a close up later.

#31 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.