2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my 3 into the dealer for the ECU recall, so I could then get my tune upgrade from OV. But when I went to dump my new stock file mazda edit wouldn't open. I get an error message pop up saying "Version is expired use a newer version". When I closed the error message it opens the epifan website to the download page. Clicking on the download mazda edit personnal edition does nothing, it's a dead link. Mazda edit worked fine when I went through my original tune process last summer. I haven't upgraded or changed anything on the device I used then, the version I have installed is "mep_v2.exe". I've thought of uninstalling and re-installing that version but am waiting to see if epifan replies to the email I sent last week.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a newer version of mazda edit? Is this still the email for contacting epifan <[email protected]>?

I really was reluctant about getting the recall done, my car was running great, the new stock tune is killing me... My acceleration is way down especially in the 40 to 90 range. I used to jump up to 90 in a heart beat. My MPG is actually worse too, I am getting about 3 mpg less with the stock tune than I was prior to it. It really is a testament to how much better the M3 runs with the OV tune than without it.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I took my 3 into the dealer for the ECU recall, so I could then get my tune upgrade from OV. But when I went to dump my new stock file mazda edit wouldn't open. I get an error message pop up saying "Version is expired use a newer version". When I closed the error message it opens the epifan website to the download page. Clicking on the download mazda edit personnal edition does nothing, it's a dead link. Mazda edit worked fine when I went through my original tune process last summer. I haven't upgraded or changed anything on the device I used then, the version I have installed is "mep_v2.exe". I've thought of uninstalling and re-installing that version but am waiting to see if epifan replies to the email I sent last week.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a newer version of mazda edit? Is this still the email for contacting epifan <[email protected]>?

I really was reluctant about getting the recall done, my car was running great, the new stock tune is killing me... My acceleration is way down especially in the 40 to 90 range. I used to jump up to 90 in a heart beat. My MPG is actually worse too, I am getting about 3 mpg less with the stock tune than I was prior to it. It really is a testament to how much better the M3 runs with the OV tune than without it.
This happened to me too when I went to update my final tune. I did everything you did with nothing working out so well, I just went to my original email Mat sent me with the software link and I used it and it downloaded the new version for me and the issue was solved.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I did just that, used the last link I had from an email epifan sent me back in May 2015. Although it's the same filename as the one I last used, the uninstall re-install worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts