2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and sorry for my English, saying this will not be nice for some people but I think that after what happened today. Three weeks ago I had a collision with my Mazda3 2.0 2014, is broken grille, front bumper and have to change them. I took the car to see and buy the broken pieces, and call me when they have everything ready. Monday 23th I leave the car with the promise to be finished today, but today call and tell me they missing one piece and not sent until January 16, the car is dismantled, it is not a mechanical failure and not have a replacement car for me. I'm wrong, no car and abandoned by Mazda, they are the cause of the problem because have bad service. I did not expect this.: No:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Your insurance company doesn't include a rental car in the agreement? Generally, you get loaner cars if your car is in for warranty work, not because you crashed into something.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
This isn't mazdas fault at all. When you go to the dealership for repairs on an accident you can't expect them to give you a free rental. That is your insurance companies job.

They give free rentals if it was a WARRANTY repair, as in the car broke for no reason, not that you crashed it.

Mazda is doing nothing wrong

·
Registered
172 Posts
When I was in an accident in my '12, a rental was provided for me because I was rear-ended and clearly not at fault. This meant the at fault party provided me with a rental car and covered the bill for my lost of vehicle during repairs.

You have two things going against you: 1) it seems like you either were at fault or had a 1-car accident (which would still make you at fault, unless you had the unfortunate case where someone hit you that didn't have insurance) and 2) You are driving a brand new model car that is still in early distribution. This means some parts will not be available as quickly for the first 6 months as dealers stock up on inventory. I can presume this is the reason there is such a long wait for parts (by comparison, my '12 with similar minor body damage was fixed in 4 days.)

TL; DR Next time you are going to blame Mazda for abandoning you, try not to abandon your driving skills and just avoid the problem altogether.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your situation has nothing to do with Mazda. You took the car to a terrible repair shop and your insurance company should have given you a rental car. If they don't offer you one, you can get one on your own. Someone please lock/delete this thread.
The official workshop Mazda promised me in a week repaired. I returned the car replacement insurance and now they say not repaired until January 20. Not right, sorry and goodbye.

·
On that college budget
5,278 Posts
The official workshop Mazda promised me in a week repaired. I returned the car replacement insurance and now they say not repaired until January 20. Not right, sorry and goodbye.
Would you rather have the car not fixed right? It was wrecked and they obviously ran into a problem fixing it. They are are trying to make it right after you wrecked the car and you are blaming them Mazda? When it is the repair shops fault? Unless you are at the dealership but I still don't see that being Mazda's fault at all.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
When I was rear ended in my previous car, it took almost a month to get fixed and it wasn't even a lot of damage. Mostly due to parts and having to wait for it to arrive from overseas or something. Insurance gave me a rental for almost a month. Coincidently it was a 2nd gen mazda 3 and after having so much fun in that car, that was what made me want to buy a mazda3 lol

Out of all the cars I've owned, mazda seems to be doing a great job taking care of their customers. Maybe that's just in the US, IDK.

But yea, mazda shouldn't be responsible for giving you a loaner car if you got into an accident, which isn't even mazda's fault. You should find a better insurance company or repair shop.

·
Super Moderator
6,186 Posts
I'm smelling what you're stepping in, but to say to not trust Mazda is ridiculous. You crashed a brand new car. The shop is trying to fix your car and they have to wait for a part to complete the repair. It happens. It's not like they said they aren't going to fix it. Thanks for stopping by and not contributing anything. I hear public transportation is good in Spain.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't even know what you are saying here. Honestly, I don't. Did you have new car replacement on insurance, then somehow return that coverage before crashing it?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hmm... Now though I don't expect Mazda to giver a loaner car, since that should be the insurance companies job, I do understand the frustration of not having it done when expected. Nonetheless to get it done right, patience is necessary. Ultimately I would talk to your insurance company.

Otherwise, duct tape!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my mistake is to return the car insurance after a week, I had the car work one week after, but it's gone now. The Mazda workshop tell me a week and I think two, but not a month.The car was driving without problem, only had small cosmetic damage.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I got cookies.. you got milk? I didn't get any milk, and they promised me they would have it before they detailed the car!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Ok, OP needed to rant. This isn't Mazdas fault or problem. Rant over and thread closed. :yawn:

Reactions: mazdaspeedmyk
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.