2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some good news I guess for owners of BP Mazda 3 Base Models that did not come with
Factory CarPlay and Android Auto ACTIVATION.

This feature can now be done ONLY by a Mazda Dealer using MDARS (Mazda Dealer and Repair Software),
Access with correct Mazda VCM-II (pass-through) and Dealer Online Portal.
There is NO addition hardware (parts) that has to be installed.
About a 10 minute operation done by your Mazda Dealer.
Which must have latest MDARS on PC and Latest .kwi Firmware NA01_11012 Installed in the Cars CMU.

This Activation apples to North American NA01..
2019-2020 BP Mazda 3 4 Door Sedan in Standard Base Trim. (also DM CX-30).

The cost, well that is up to Mazda Dealer Service Department, if you bought the car from them it should be done for free. (IMO)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I respect your opinion, but I highly doubt American dealerships are going to do this for free. They are all about profit & they have to pay the technician.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I have to spell everything out,.. :)
Obviously any Dealer will be reluctant to book in your car and perform this update for free IF THAT IS ALL YOU WANT :)..
But, as these cars are ONLY 2 years old You should still be getting it serviced, So When you book in for Service ask to get it done then as they Should already have car connected to MDARS, it is a very fast update less than 5 minutes once connected to MDARS.
In that case if your Dealer still wants to charge you for that Software update of 5 minutes then I would find another Dealer and tell the Service Manager and the new car Dept that is what you will do and they have lost a Customer that bought their Mazda from.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just to clarify a few things..
This Activation of CarPlay and Android Auto ONLY applies to current BP Mazda 3 in BASE Trim,
it does Not apply to old Mazda 3 (BM or BN).

To have a successful Activation in Base Model Mazda 3 your car Must have the latest Firmware already installed and working FIRST, it is CMU_7000C0A-NA01_11012.kwi as this ONLY applies to North America sold cars as they have the correct Firmware available to their Dealers, or you can download and install yourself IF YOU ARE IN NORTH AMERICA ONLY, see link below.

BUT, the Dealer must do activation with MDARS.

As there are not that many Base Models sold, YOUR DEALER may not even be aware of this simple update,
You may have to tell them, do this when you are in for next Service and ask them, if they are unsure tell them to contact their Hotline for help.
Don't assume they will do update without you saying anything, get Service Advisor to 'note it' on your cars Repair Order.

FOR THE REST OF THE MAZDA WORLD...
YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT
for a Later version EU01_110xx.kwi FIRMWARE used for EUROPE and UK,
and 4A01_110xx.kwi used for Australia/NZ/OCEANIA/ASIA.
I predict less than 6 months.

DO NOT INSTALL FIRMWARE THAT IS NOT FOR YOUR COUNTRY/REGION.

DO NOT INSTALL new NA03_110xx.kwi FIRMWARE FOR UPDATED CX-5 AND CX-9.
ONLY INSTALL the new NA01_11012.kwi for North America

1 - 5 of 5 Posts