2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought 2017 CX-5 GT and have few queries on the same.

1. How to navigate the radio channel from the steering ? I mean when I'm in XM radio and when I press the forward/backward the radio station changes to FM (which I don't want). I want to be in XM only but navigate through its channels from steering.

2. Has anybody tried the SCBS/SBS practically ? Does it stops the Car automatically to avoid collision to the front Car ?

3. Is it possible to Switch-off Radio when not required ?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
1. In Europe we have no XM, so no experience on that.
2. Yes, I experienced SCBS front and rear already. It stops your car. But it is only an assistant and helps you - do not rely on it. It can be that it does not work properly.
3. Just choose another audio source. Or press the Volume Button near the commander knob to mute all audio sources. And if wanted, you can switch of the display of the MZD. But it is not possible to turn the MZD off itself - no off-button available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about AM ? Lets say if you are on AM and want to navigate to all AM only channels. Will it stay on AM or will divert to FM ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
1. I think it's possible to navigate the radio channel you need to open the channel navigation menu or try a long press from steering. I used to do it but I feel using the center console is much better.
2. Collision avoidance works but don't rely on it. Although I have taken it for granted and zone out/distracted multiple times while driving and it has helped me avoid collisions for sure.
3. You will stay only on a selected radio source you cant move between radio sources without using the center console to select a source.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts