2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
have been contacting him for the past 2 months to no avail/without success, I did contacted a guy called Bijan who wrote the instructions for a serial connection, he's a good one, answered me within 1 hour but from Trez nothing, what other options to get the file
is it easy to install the kit

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Depends on your car and your knowledge... see the info at the hi drive to check if its easy for you to do or if you would like to pay at the Mazda dealer for the installation. Link to HiDrive Info about AA/CP installation: HiDrive

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 · (Edited)
NA N 74.00.230A_update.up is now available in Server for NORTH AMERICA ONLY!
YES THIS IS THE NEXT OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM 70.00.367.
This also is the Genuine Mazda Carplay Wireless Firmware, But you MUST have the new Wireless CMU meant for WCP for it to Activate Wireless.
Size of NA N 74 is about 923MB (checksum is listed)

No I have no Changelog, yet.

No I have no EU N or 4A N (ADR) 74.00.230A.....yet.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Thanks a lot. Is it officially an update for 70.00.367? Or just for 74.00.200 (new CMUs)?

Edit: Just updated at my bench (not in the car) from 70.00.367 EU to 74.00.230 NA and it worked - successfull install and the used old CMU from 2015 works after a reboot.
20210501_013248.jpg

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Thanks again.

Info: A downgrade from 74.00.230 NA to 70.00.352 EU was possible at my test with my old 2015 CMU at my bench (not in the car). I just wanted to try, as for the new CMUs with 74.00.200 from factory it was said, that they should not be downgraded (what`s fine for me, so far I know no one with one of these testing here)... but this made me curious, if a downgrade at the old CMUs works - and it did. Most probably the new CMUs just have some hardware/circuits, which are only known by the new firmware version 74 and thats the restriction/cause that they do not work with the older firmware versions. But my old CMU apparently still works after a downgrade from 74.00.230.

·
Registered
24 Posts
NA N 74.00.230A_update.up is now available in Server for NORTH AMERICA ONLY!
YES THIS IS THE NEXT OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM 70.00.367.
This also is the Genuine Mazda Carplay Wireless Firmware, But you MUST have the new Wireless CMU meant for WCP for it to Activate Wireless.
Size of NA N 74 is about 923MB (checksum is listed)

No I have no Changelog, yet.

No I have no EU N or 4A N (ADR) 74.00.230A.....yet.
How do I know if I have Wireless CMU?
M3 BN 2018..

·
Registered
24 Posts
There is a script get_board_type.sh in 74.00.230A to identify CMU with WCP support..

Bash:
#!/bin/sh

ret=1

DI_TP1056=/sys/class/gpio/DI_TP1056/value
DI_TP1029=/sys/class/gpio/DI_TP1029/value

if [ -e "$DI_TP1056" ] && [ -e "$DI_TP1029" ]; then
    for cnt in `seq 0 2`            # Retry 3 times
    do
        value1=$(cat $DI_TP1056)
        if [ $? = '0' ]; then
            if [ $value1 = '0' ] || [ $value1 = '1' ]; then
                value2=$(cat $DI_TP1029)
                if [ $? = '0' ]; then
                    if [ $value2 = '0' ] || [ $value2 = '1' ]; then
                        if [ $value1 = '1' ] || [ $value2 = '1' ]; then
                            ret=2                # For WCP, New Hadware.
                        fi
                        break
                    fi
                fi
            fi
        fi
        sleep 1                     # sleep before retry
    done
fi

exit $ret

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
As I have said before YES the first Factory Install of WCP first used 74.00.200, this was never available to Mazda Dealers for .up updates, obviously new 74.00.230A is now the later updated version of 200.
You can not downgrade from 74 to 70 if the 2021 model has working WCP as the WCP will not work with 70's firmware..

To my Slovakian friend, WCP CMU (with correct circuitry and hardware inside) is listed in Mazda EPC for first it was in late 2020 EU CX-3, then US 2021 Mazda 6 and most of the world MX-5 for 2021.

No CAR MODEL or year of make before these will have a WCP CMU as it is a separate Mazda Part Number to those models Without WCP.
No BN Mazda 3 ever had any factory install WCP CMU.

Now even though Mazda parts numbers are different for most model (3, 6, MX-5) CMU's their structure is almost identical and can be used with minor external bracket mods for other model use.

BUT You have to purchase one of the new 2021 models CMU WITH WCP (as not all model variants has WCP CMU installed even today, only top spec in most cases).

Got a spare $1500 USD? to buy a new CMU or find a wrecked 2021 Mazda.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all!

Spider 124 owner here and hoping for some help with the serial connection (same CMU). I'll outline my steps and hopefully, y'all might have an answer.

I followed the Serial Connector guide with my FW of 59.00.563 (requires serial access) prior to my upgrading to 70.00.100 to enable CarPlay.

I ordered the CP2102 and followed the guides for Putty and had the wires pushed in deep. Both the RX and the GND were lighting up but the TX was not. I thought I could see it light up every now and then, so I assumed it was transmitting only when I input commands. I followed the guide here: Serial Connection and when nothing appeared in Blue or Green showing that everything worked, I assumed it might have just been something different with Fiat specific-FW.

Thinking everything was OK, I upgraded to 70.00.100. That upgraded successfully, and as expected with Mazda logos. I attempted to load up the MazdaToFiat AIO Tweak (changes logos, and navigation for Fiat) but nothing appeared on the screen. Uh-oh.

I then decided that maybe something happened during the upgrade, and thought that upgrading to .352 (last confirmed version working for Fiat Spider's) but it appears that ID7 v2 is no longer active! So back to researching, I went.

Upon more research, I see that my idea about the transmitting LED might be wrong. When connected properly, it's supposed to be lit up entirely, correct?

Now when I connect the wires wiht .100, neither Putty or SecureCRT show anything! Only GND is lighting up at this point.

In any case, I've ordered three more CP2102 modules just in case, so that I don't have to go through the circus again of having to remove half my car's interior to access the CMU and wait for a new USB module to be delivered.

I guess my questions are:

• The TX light should be lit up similarly to the RX and GND, correct? Not only when "inputting commands", right?
  • Since I've upgraded to .100, should everything work out with the new CP2102, do I need to reinstall .100 following the ID7 patch?
  • At any point while updating to ID7 through Putty, does the fast moving text stop?
  • Can anyone critique my process just so when my new adapters come in, I know exactly?
    • Download the XX file to thumbdrive
    • Connect the wires deep into RX and TX slots
    • Run Putty or SecureCRT
    • Connect XX flash drive, at which point fast text appears
    • Turn car to XX which means even faster text
    • Press enter on terminal
      • CMU responds with "login" (is this on the CMU itself or the terminal?)
    • Reboot CMU
    • Input user/jci
    • Input code on Serial Connection link
      • Does anything stop at this point, or is it still fast text?
    • Test the files with the cdoe
      • Wait to see if blue/green text appears

Thanks so much everyone, and I really do appreciate all of the work!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Might be the wrong thread here, as I guess it is only of the official AA/CP update, but anyhow...

Here my opinion/answers on some of your questions (to the first I do not have an answer, as my CP2102 adapter has no LEDs):

2. ID7 at .100 does not require a reinstall of .100. Simply do the serial access mentioned at www.mazdatweaks.com/serial (files from AIO software)
3. No, the text does not stop, as far as I remember.
4. Your process list does not mention to connect the GND wire, which is necessary. And you do not turn your car to XX, but to ACC. (If user/jci does not work, try cmu/jci.). Also after pasting the long command and hitting enter, the text flys by fast. Rest of the process is ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ah! Apologies!
Thanks so much for the answers!

while thinking about what went wrong last night, I was wondering about the id7 patch which is installed on a flash drive—do I connect the id7 patch to the vehicle USB ports or to my computer USB ports while running putty?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tristan, you just confirmed that I’m just a big dummy at times.

I’ll get back to it after work today! Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
These Details are ONLY for Genuine Mazda Factory Install of Car Play and Android Auto.

YES, you MUST Install correct 70's Firmware FIRST for your Region and Run/Use it in your car for as long as you like.

NOTE: AFTER 70's Firmware install and in use You Will Not see any information about CP/AA UNTIL and AFTER you install (fit) the TWO Genuine Mazda Parts LAST, you will then see the working CP/AA User Interface (UI).
Make sure your 'Android Auto' Phone App is also the very latest available too.
Only use a Genuine or Quality Phone Power Lead/Cable that came with Phone between the Phone Port and new 'AUX Hub'.

YES, you MUST Purchase the Two Genuine Mazda Parts and then Fit them LAST.

ALL the information on what to do is in the PDF in my Signature Below.

This Thread is NOT for Tweaks or ANY other cheap way to install CP/AA (which does not work anyway and will end up costing you more $$s).
Hi ASH8,

A couple of questions, if I may, as I have never done this...
I'm planning to update my Mazda2 to 70.00.367A, as it has 59.00502 4A N, so then i could add CP/AA later.
1. Just to confirm, I need to skip steps 14-21 while following the firmware update procedure?
2. Do i have to update Gracenote as well? If so, before or after the firmware?
3. Would you have installation instruction of CP/AA for Mazda2 DJ?

Thanks!
Attila

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Even if I am not ASH8, my answers might help you.
1. Can not answer, as I do not know to which procedure you exactly refer to. Link it and I can tell you.
2. No, as 70.00.367 has the latest Gracenote version included aready.
3. AA/CP Installation Instructions - also for the Mazda2 DJ: HiDrive & other helpful info like how to remove the CMU (video) and trims (PDFs): HiDrive

121 - 140 of 142 Posts