2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi all.
It seems that I am the only unlucky guy here. I just finished installing the newest OS 70.00.367 EU N to my 2014 Mazda 3 BM CenterLine trim - available for German market - and afterwards recommended hardware TK78669U0C Mazda USB Hub + C922-V6-605A harness kit, ALL according to the installation directions and links manual and the result is rather poor, as the Android Auto is not available in applications menu...
The USB Hub itself works well - I have access to Mazda Navigation System, both usb sockets are powered and charging the smartphone also does the 12V cigarette socket. What seems a little odd is the fact that after connecting usb2 socket with my smartphone (with no smartphone icon) I get notification on MZD screen: USB2: Samsung A41 Connected and no notification when connecting to USB1 (with smartphone icon) - is that normal?
Do you think of any other reason why that dosn't work expect the fact hardware being damaged?

P.S. I am using decent usb cable to connect to Android 10 Samsung A41 smartphone.
I just had a similar issue with mine, except I use CarPlay and mine had been working happily for a week before it suddenly stopped working. My phone was charging through the USB ports, but CarPlay wasn’t connecting, and the USB ports were greyed out on the MZD screen when I went into the Entertainment menu.

I ended up turning the car off for about 10 minutes, then turning it back on. My phone came up with a ‘Finish setting up CarPlay’ notification straight away. Once I approved it all through my phone, CarPlay started working again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Be cautious with buying the USB retro kit from this AliExpress seller. Looks like he has supplied both genuine "Made in Japan" and non-genuine "Made in China" units.
I ordered from him when his AliExpress page showed a picture of a genuine "Made in Japan" and received a "Made in China" unit.

It was not of Mazda Quality, poor plastic moulding etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did not keep it, the USB hub was obviously cheap copy. I disputed the sale immediately and AliExpress have approved return for full refund.
A friend also purchased from same seller and he received a Made in China version which did not work.
I only purchased from this seller as the pictured item shown was "Genuine Mazda"

·
Registered
12 Posts
@dezinc : Thank you for your prompt reply. I think I'll buy the kit from my Mazda dealer. It'll be more expensive but also more safe :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
@cfpawel at the beginning of Mazda Carplay craze, even before it was released in the USA and EU, people ordered HUB and cables from Taobao (China) and the units looked like the real thing but they didn't work although many reviews claimed working. They're not fakes but they're made for the China market only, Connect firmware is quite different.
I personally ordered USB cables from Taobao and they worked OK. Users in this forum got warned not to buy from China but always buy from USA or your local market.
IDK if it's your case or not but hopefully you get it resolve or get a refund.
I must admit I was tempted by competetive price and 100% positive feedback; would consider purchesing from China if I came across the topic earlier on.
At the moment I am waiting for response from Aliexpress.

·
Registered
6 Posts
HI everyone. I own a Mazda 3 2014, I imported it from U.S.A and the car is now in Armenia. Few days ago I ordered the retrofit kit from the AliExpress and now I'm trying to update my firmware. So if I understand everything right it should be two file installation and the newest version I can update to is 70.00.100 NA N. And after this I can even update to 74.00.200 NA N ? And should I change the region if I don't have the navigation. Please help I don't want to brake anything. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Correct, 1st install the firmware, afterwards the hardware. You can install 70.00.100 1st. But then the next available FW is 70.00.367. Version 74.00.200 is not available inofficially so far.

Edit: If your current FW version would have been below 31.00.100 you should have updated to that version 1st, but you already have 55.00.753.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Correct, 1st install the firmware, afterwards the hardware. You can install 70.00.100 1st. But then the next available FW is 70.00.367. Version 74.00.200 is not available inofficially so far.

Edit: If your current FW version would have been below 31.00.100 you should have updated to that version 1st, but you already have 55.00.753.
Thanks a lot !!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks a lot !!!
One more question please I tried to do the update but my touch screen was not working and I couldn’t do it with command knob, although in the instruction it says It is possible, do you know how??? And one more thing so now can I update my firmware with only one file or I need to update the failesafe first??? Because the official pdf says if its above 31.00 I don’t need the failsafe but in the must read file it says I need to do it with two steps...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Instead of using the touchscreen for typing in 99, just rotate the commander knob to the left (until 99 shows up) and press it for confirmation.

For up to/including 70.00.100 you need to install 2 files. Afterwards like 70.00.335 and higher there is only 1 file, so you can not install 2 files for these .335 and + firmware versions.

Perhaps you have an old PDF or misunderstood it, but also after FW 31 you need to install two files (reinstall + failsafe) - up to/including 70.00.100.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Instead of using the touchscreen for typing in 99, just rotate the commander knob to the left (until 99 shows up) and press it for confirmation.

For up to/including 70.00.100 you need to install 2 files. Afterwards like 70.00.335 and higher there is only 1 file, so you can not install 2 files for these .335 and + firmware versions.

Perhaps you have an old PDF or misunderstood it, but also after FW 31 you need to install two files (reinstall + failsafe) - up to/including 70.00.100.
OK thank you for the clarification. But I still have a question, so I need to input 3 then "enter" then "clear", after I need to enter 2 then "enter" then "clear" and "exit". So please advise how to do this buttons (enter, clear, exit )with command knob. And I did not find anything about typing 99. Can I just enter 99 instead of this two steps ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK thank you for the clarification. But I still have a question, so I need to input 3 then "enter" then "clear", after I need to enter 2 then "enter" then "clear" and "exit". So please advise how to do this buttons (enter, clear, exit )with command knob. And I did not find anything about typing 99. Can I just enter 99 instead of this two steps ???
Already done I found a tutorial in youtube so basically for enter button you press the knob twice and for clear its one rotation left. Thanks again I did it without braking anything !!! :))

81 - 98 of 98 Posts