2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I do not know this specific one, but usually you can unclip them when you press together the two things/brackets beneath it. Try using pointed pliers or a small screw driver. Sometimes its enough to press one side and then pull at the harness clip. If its not working, just cut it or undo the tape.
The T shaped one. Theres a plastic dome looking thing covering the bracket thing. I ended up just removing the tape carefully.

·
Registered
21 Posts
@Tristan-cx5 Thank you so much. I finally installed CarPlay and confirmed it works! It took longer than I would like to admit but I'm glad I went through the process. If I had to do it a second time, it would be so much faster :LOL:(y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all.
It seems that I am the only unlucky guy here. I just finished installing the newest OS 70.00.367 EU N to my 2014 Mazda 3 BM CenterLine trim - available for German market - and afterwards recommended hardware TK78669U0C Mazda USB Hub + C922-V6-605A harness kit, ALL according to the installation directions and links manual and the result is rather poor, as the Android Auto is not available in applications menu...
The USB Hub itself works well - I have access to Mazda Navigation System, both usb sockets are powered and charging the smartphone also does the 12V cigarette socket. What seems a little odd is the fact that after connecting usb2 socket with my smartphone (with no smartphone icon) I get notification on MZD screen: USB2: Samsung A41 Connected and no notification when connecting to USB1 (with smartphone icon) - is that normal?
Do you think of any other reason why that dosn't work expect the fact hardware being damaged?

P.S. I am using decent usb cable to connect to Android 10 Samsung A41 smartphone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[QUOTE = "cfpawel, post: 2503349, membro: 440482"]
Ciao a tutti.
Sembra che io sia l'unico sfortunato qui. Ho appena finito di installare il nuovissimo OS 70.00.367 EU N sul mio assetto Mazda 3 BM CenterLine del 2014 - disponibile per il mercato tedesco - e successivamente l'hardware consigliato TK78669U0C Hub USB Mazda + kit cablaggio C922-V6-605A , TUTTO secondo le istruzioni di installazione e link manuale e il risultato è piuttosto scarso, in quanto Android Auto non è disponibile nel menu delle applicazioni ...
L'hub USB stesso funziona bene: ho accesso al sistema di navigazione Mazda, entrambe le prese USB sono alimentate e la ricarica dello smartphone fa anche la presa per sigarette 12V. Quello che sembra un po 'strano è il fatto che dopo aver collegato la presa USB2 con il mio smartphone (senza l'icona dello smartphone) ricevo una notifica sullo schermo MZD: USB2: Samsung A41 Connected e nessuna notifica quando mi connetto a USB1 (con l'icona dello smartphone) - è normale ?
Pensi ad altri motivi per cui questo non funziona aspettandosi che l'hardware venga danneggiato?

PS Sto usando un cavo USB decente per connettermi allo smartphone Android 10 Samsung A41.
[/CITAZIONE]
l'hardware TK78669U0C Hub USB Mazda + kit cablaggio C922-V6-605A e per il mercato NORD AMERICA not EUROPEO

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
@cfpawel :
Parts:
Your parts should work. Part number of usb hub is the same as for the EU. Cables part numbers are different in different regions, but they are interchangeable. Same cables, but due to different local regulations they have different part numbers.
My guess:
The second (blue) cables is not connected properly at the CMU or at the usb hub. I would recommend to unplug and to plug again the cables to/from the hub at the hub and at the CMU.
Behaviour:
Also the second usb slot should notify, when a smartphone or usb stick is connected to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
@cfpawel :
Parts:
Your parts should work. Part number of usb hub is the same as for the EU. Cables part numbers are different in different regions, but they are interchangeable. Same cables, but due to different local regulations they have different part numbers.
My guess:
The second (blue) cables is not connected properly at the CMU or at the usb hub. I would recommend to unplug and to plug again the cables to/from the hub at the hub and at the CMU.
Behaviour:
Also the second usb slot should notify, when a smartphone or usb stick is connected to it.
Thank your for your reply. I double checked all cables and they are propper connected; I am adding some pictures of my CMU, so maybe you can spot something suspicious going on.

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Strange. I do not see anything wrong in your photos. Have you tried to do a factory reset of the MZD in the settings - system tab? That`s the last thing I would do, before I would contact the seller of the hardware to get a replacement, because then the hardware might be damaged (defective cable or hub).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Weird, from pictures that's the correct Hub.
Where did you purchase it? What do you see in your Sources Input List?
Yes like Tristan said you should do a factory reset and try another phone either Android or Iphone

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
cfpawel,
Sorry to ask the obvious but you did install AND run/use 70s firmware FIRST?, and then installed the Cables and AUX Hub last??
Also I would make sure you have latest Android Auto on your phone as it was App updated about 2 weeks ago?

Last I agree there was a faulty AUX Hub in the early period when people were installing, Dealer replaced it and his system worked, I have not heard of any faulty cables, You did not pinch or cut through any cable on cars sharp metal brackets inside Dash when pulling through or installing cables?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
For those interested in Wireless BT Carplay just launched in USA Mazda 6.
The firmware is 74 series, and you must also have a CP wireless CMU which is expensive.

I believe in time 74.00.xxx will be the latest install even if you do not have a BT CMU, and no the Firmware is not yet available even at Dealers.

See pic of screen of 74.00.200 NA N out of latest 2021 Mazda 6 in USA.
And 74.00.200 EU N is also out in 2021 CX-3 in Europe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kit cavi C922-V6-605A e hub USB TK78-66-9U0C per AA, CP è per il Nord America, è compatibile anche per l'area europea?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Weird, from pictures that's the correct Hub.
Where did you purchase it? What do you see in your Sources Input List?
Yes like Tristan said you should do a factory reset and try another phone either Android or Iphone
I bought it on Aliexpress from user name 'Shiliuxing Store' which seemed reasonable as they sold over 150 pcs to happy customers; I already contacted the store over refund.
On sources input list usb 1 is dimmed when the USB cable or pendrive is connected + smartphone is charging only , without data transfer fuctionality to choose from.
It has been checked on Samsung A50 and Motorola g7 plus with newest AA Apk from google.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[QUOTE = "cfpawel, post: 2503520, membro: 440482"]
L'ho comprato su Aliexpress dal nome utente "Shiliuxing Store" che sembrava ragionevole visto che hanno venduto oltre 150 pezzi a clienti soddisfatti; Ho già contattato il negozio per il rimborso.
Nella lista ingressi sorgenti usb 1 è oscurato quando il cavo USB o la pendrive sono collegati + lo smartphone si sta caricando solo, senza possibilità di trasferimento dati tra cui scegliere.
È stato controllato su Samsung A50 e Motorola g7 plus con l'ultimo AA Apk di Google.
[/CITAZIONE]
Ho anche comprato dallo stesso venditore, quindi non funziona?

·
Registered
6 Posts
cfpawel,
Sorry to ask the obvious but you did install AND run/use 70s firmware FIRST?, and then installed the Cables and AUX Hub last??
Also I would make sure you have latest Android Auto on your phone as it was App updated about 2 weeks ago?

Last I agree there was a faulty AUX Hub in the early period when people were installing, Dealer replaced it and his system worked, I have not heard of any faulty cables, You did not pinch or cut through any cable on cars sharp metal brackets inside Dash when pulling through or installing cables?
Hi ASH8,
Yes, I did update the firmware before installing new hardware :) As I have had the 56.00.513 EU N version onboard I firstly upgraded to 70.00.100A EU N and next to the latest 70.00.367 EU N version; afterwards I went for a ride to check everything like sat nav. etc. Next day I installed the hardware following Mazda installation manual and video tutorials from youtube; it is not a rocket sience and I am sure I did it the right way :D
The latest AA App installed on my smartphone is 5.9.604634-release, updated on Dec 2, 2020, which I believe is the most recent version.
I need to pull out the faulty cable and Aux Hub to return it to the seller, so I shall check if any cable has been pinched or cut, but it is rather unlikely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HELP!!!
I am at version 70.000.021 can I install version 70.00.350 EU ? Or I have to install the 70.00.100A EU version first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
[QUOTE = "Tristan-cx5, post: 2503539, membro: 469202"]
Si, puoi. Non è necessario installare 70.00.100 in mezzo.
[/CITAZIONE]
Grazie

·
Registered
99 Posts
@cfpawel at the beginning of Mazda Carplay craze, even before it was released in the USA and EU, people ordered HUB and cables from Taobao (China) and the units looked like the real thing but they didn't work although many reviews claimed working. They're not fakes but they're made for the China market only, Connect firmware is quite different.
I personally ordered USB cables from Taobao and they worked OK. Users in this forum got warned not to buy from China but always buy from USA or your local market.
IDK if it's your case or not but hopefully you get it resolve or get a refund.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Mazda 2018 CX-3 and with the HUB and cables bought from China - Ali, I got Android and Apple Carplay.

One thing that is different than your images @cfpawel is that even if I don't have a phone plugged in, I have the Carplay and Android options, grayed out but they're there.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have a Mazda 2018 CX-3 and with the HUB and cables bought from China - Ali, I got Android and Apple Carplay.

One thing that is different than your images @cfpawel is that even if I don't have a phone plugged in, I have the Carplay and Android options, grayed out but they're there.
Then It may be defective, anyway double check connections even though is not way to plug USB connectors in the wrong place because they're keyed, disconnect battery for awhile and yes without smartphone plugged in options are shown but grayed, that's normal behavior.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts