2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here you can find the .367 ADR file and update manual pdf, which is written for the dealers, as mazda does not intend users to update by themselves. So all on your own risk. Read the Instructions before starting and follow them to the word.
Hi mate,
What format is the usb drive to be for this process? Is there a specific format required? Do I have to create a folder for update file? Or just the update file in root folder?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
usb has to be fat32 formatted. update file has to be in root. no folder required. some usb sticks are not recognized by the MZD, then try other usb sticks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
IOS 14.2 does not play well with ADR_70.00.335C on a 2014 BM. New graphics are pretty. All buttons work EXCEPT for the enter button. Scrolling between icons works but I need to use the touch screen to select anything. I already tried "forgetting" the car but nothing changed. Anyone else notice this?

Edit: I'll try updating to 367A. Will post feedback.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Here for those interested pics below are the all NEW CONNECT II for US Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 for the 2021 Model Years.
They now have the all new 10.3 inch Screen and the Old Mazda Connect .up is NLA, they both use the 2019 Mazda Connect II .kwi Set-up and UI..

And NO, YOU CAN NOT install this in your BM/BN Mazda 3, or CX-3, or CX-5 or CX-9 or MX-5 or Mazda 6 that use the .up Firmware, as internal Hardware inside Dash, Wiring and ECU/PCM Config is also all new.

These two new 2021 models will be out for rest of world very soon.

In fact these 2 CX-s of 2021 use TWO Separate Mazda Dealer Diagnostic Systems, the old soon outdated Ford/Mazda IDS and the latest all new MDARS (Bosch) used from 2019 Mazda 3 and CX-30 and next gen all New Mazda's, like next gen Mazda 6* in late 2021.
* Or could be an all new Mazda Connect III...??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok I finally figured out what was going on.

Update to 367 went well but the select action still didn't work. After spamming the button I happened to look at the iPhone and noticed a ghost quarter press on the upper left of the screen and the Assistive Touch button was unfocused.

I removed the Assistive Touch button and eureka! Carplay is working as expected now.

The Assistive Touch button is only used to close recently opened apps. I moved the action to the triple back tap option. Buhbye Assistive Touch!

TL;DR Connect does not play well with iOS 14.2 when Assistive Touch is enabled. Fix: turn off Assistive Touch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
When I click on the link for the firmware update installation pdf it says the page isn’t found? Has the link expired? Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I successfully updated my 2017 Mazda6 Sport AT from 59.00.330 NA N to 70.00.100A NA N. When I attempt the update to 70.00.367A, the usb drive and the firmware file are recognized properly but after initializing the install (before the black screen) I get an error message saying that the package validity can't be verified. The shasum was correct, I installed this package in a similar manner to 70.00.100A (of course without the failsafe), and I tried the formatting twice on two different windows machines.

I'm looking to install carplay which, as I understand, only requires 70.00.xxx. What will I be missing with the upgrades past that? And is anyone familiar with this issue or aware of workarounds?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
For whats new in higher versions/what you will be missing, see the changlog pdf: HiDrive

Have you tried a factory reset of the MZD - in setting at system? I would try that and afterwards I would try to install .367 again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dumb question, but I followed the guide, got updated on my 2016 mazda 6 to version 70.00.100a, but I don't see the option for car play and andoid auto in the applications menu, does that only show up after you install the hardware kit? Just hoping I upgraded the firmware correctly.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Correct, firmware has to be installed first and afterwards the hardware (new usb hub + 2 cables). With the firmware update alone original Mazda AA/CP do not show up/are not available.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts