21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Well this is how it exactly is right now or soon, this applies in North America first and then rest of world.
Current BP Mazda 3 and DM CX-30 and DR MX-30 has latest Connect .kwi file.
Out in about a week the 2021 CX-5 and CX-9 has the same .kwi system with a new 10.3 inch screen.
So the ONLY cars that remain on Mazda Connect with .up file are..
ND MX-5
DK CX-3
DJ Mazda 2 (not sold in all markets)
And 2021 Mazda 6 and CX-3 with yes Wireless CP (not AA) coming soon which requires all new CMU ($2200), new Firmware and other parts., the Mazda 6 gets replaced with next gen model in 12 months time.
Clearly the .up firmware Connect System is on the way out, in about a year or 18 months.
Believe me once production stops so does the Firmware updates.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Changelog for 367A is out,
Also updated in server,
so far for NA N and EU N,
BUT Most of the rectified issue will apply to EU N and ADR when/where available...

(From V70.00.367A and later)

*[Except English] The translation of the message for back camera is not correct.
*The Maintenance notification function (except when using Flexible setting) may stop counting after replacing the instrument cluster. It resumes counting after factory reset operation.
*The speed limit for the other direction may appear in navigation screen. To correct, the map version must be 18Q4 or later in addition to CMU update.
*The phone number (including pause symbols) registered as a favorite may not be dialed and the “Loading” message continues.
*The Display Off function does not work if activated while a road name etc. is displayed at the top of the screen.
*The information (artist, title, album etc.) for a track in an USB audio device may not appear.
*[Ver. 70.00.110 or later] Certain USB audio devices (SONY NW-A45 and NW-A35 etc.) may not be recognized.
*Certain Android smartphones (HUAWEI P20, P30 Pro and Mate 20 Pro etc.) may not work as a USB audio device.
*Country information (such as alcohol limit etc.) in the navigation screen may not be correct. To correct, the country information has been removed in the latest version.
*The information (artist, title, album etc.) for an ogg format file in a USB audio device does not appear correctly.
*The play list may not work for a USB audio device with Android 9 or later OS.
*SiriusXM radio does not work properly. (SiriusXM cannot be selected, only certain channels appear in the list, the sound turns off and/or the center display shows an error message such as “Check SiriusXM Tuner” or “Unable to Connect to SiriusXM Radio”.)
*The play list may not work for certain USB audio devices (HUAWEI P20 Pro with Android OS 8.1 etc.) when used as a USB audio device.
*The CMU may reboot when playing a CD/DVD.
*The CMU may reboot while driving.
*Changes for sound setting (Bass, Treble, Fade, Balance) may not be kept after going into sleep mode.
*[With Traffic Sign Recognition System (TSR)] While in ACC-ON mode, improper setting items (Speeding, Speed Limit) appear in the navigation setting.
*While playing tracks from a USB memory, artist and album names may appear as “unknown”.
*While playing tracks from a USB memory, certain mp3 file will not start showing “Loading” message.
*Some of the favorite destinations appear duplicated and may not allow editing or deleting.
*Right after starting the engine when trying to see the 360° view monitor screen, the black screen may continue for 20 seconds.
*When the transmission is shifted into Reverse, the rear view does not appear.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
For those interested some updates..
The Wireless CarPlay CMU used in 2021 Mazda 6 for US markets with .up firmware is Mazda Part Number TC3N-66-9C0, Android Auto is wired.

Also on the 2021 CX-5 and 9 which uses the latest .kwi firmware and look/format from the new Mazda 3 and CX-30.
Here is it's CMU (same p/n for both cars) TC3P-66-9C0A and yes both have a 10.5" Screen (different p/n).

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yes, you can. But if the car is imported from USA to EU, then some radio frequencies might not work. They are saved in the TAU (which has to be replaced -also with an adapter- to solve the issue) - see e.g. here for more details: Firmware from USA to EU
and here:

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Head unit usually means CMU. And the CMUs are all the same (nearly). Radio frequencies are stored in the TAU (Tuner and Amplifier Unit). This is the module you should buy of an EU car, instead of the CMU/Head Unit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
These Details are ONLY for Genuine Mazda Factory Install of Car Play and Android Auto.

YES, you MUST Install correct 70's Firmware FIRST for your Region.
YES, you MUST Purchase the Two Genuine Mazda Parts and then Fit them LAST.

ALL the information on what to do is in the PDF in my Signature Below.

This Thread is NOT for Tweaks or ANY other cheap way to install CP/.AA.
I have 2016 Mazda 3 firmware 59. What is that bp mean?

What's the genuine mazda part needed?
So basically even if I upgrade successfully if I didn't install that mazda part I basically wasted my time. LOL.

All I want is to have android auto on my car. What is the best way to go? Install the tweak or update officially?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Part numbers etc. for official retrofit are linked in Ash8's signature - just follow the link and click the first folder AA... for more info.

If the tweak or official is your choice. There is an own thread for the comparison - just search for it and read it. All info is given there... e.g. here:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Part numbers etc. for official retrofit are linked in Ash8's signature - just follow the link and click the first folder AA... for more info.

If the tweak or official is your choice. There is an own thread for the comparison - just search for it and read it. All info is given there... e.g. here:
Thanks. Wow. Official Upgrade is definitely not the way to go for me. I've to buy and install a new usb port . For aa to work. Nope.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Well that is what my 1st post in this thread says, what 'MUST' means, I don't know of any other successful Mod to have a proper working CP/AA with updated Apps (in Phone), the genuine parts needed to do this are relatively cheap.
Firmware is free.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Thanks. Wow. Official Upgrade is definitely not the way to go for me. I've to buy and install a new usb port . For aa to work. Nope.
The kit isn't exorbitantly priced & works really well. The install may look daunting, but isn't really that difficult. Tried both, tweak & official...I'd say the genuine kit is totally worth it.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
cmu150_ADR_70.00.367A_update.up is now available in Server for 4A N or ADR
Hi,
I've got the Mazda demio 2015 japanese import. Can I install this ADR 70.00.367A update to change language to english as I'm from New Zealand? Sorry I'm new on this forum and do not have any knowledge around any of this.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Here you can find the .367 ADR file and update manual pdf, which is written for the dealers, as mazda does not intend users to update by themselves. So all on your own risk. Read the Instructions before starting and follow them to the word.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts