2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These Details are ONLY for Genuine Mazda Factory Install of Car Play and Android Auto.

YES, you MUST Install correct 70's Firmware FIRST for your Region.
YES, you MUST Purchase the Two Genuine Mazda Parts and then Fit them LAST.

ALL the information on what to do is in the PDF in my Signature Below.

This Thread is NOT for Tweaks or ANY other cheap way to install CP/AA (which does not work anyway and will end up costing you more $$s).

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For NORTH AMERICA ONLY with Sirius Satellite Services.
It appears that the following is happening to all new US Mazda models from 2019 onward.....

Some users may have one or more of the following 5 complaints:

Infotainment system reboots at times while in use.
SiriusXM function grayed out.
SiriusXM stops playing.
No sound from SiriusXM but other sources work.
SiriusXM system recovers after ignition OFF->ON.

Mazda is aware of these issues and is working on a repair procedure, probably Firmware update.

An interim/temporary solution is available for the Sirius-XM problem...
1. Install the SiriusXM App on the user device.
2. The customer can stream music on the SiriusXM App temporarily until the final repair is made available.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something here, but for the download link in the PDF, the folder with the 7.0 software has only one file and seems to be missing the failsafe?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that with the most recent version, the failsafe install process is gone.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
NEW Firmware out
Old 70.00.335C_update.up
New 70.00.352B_update.up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
To see or keep this thread active as it is Not Pinned by mods, (but they still keep PIN Threads that say CarPlay is Coming Soon and is full of 45+ pages of miss information).
I suggest you Bookmark or Add to Favorites in your own Browser.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NEW Firmware out for North America NA N ONLY
Old 70.00.352B_update.up
New 70.00.367A_update.up

NO, No Changelog...yet.
No not for EU N yet.
No none for 4A N ADR as I have lost Middle East Contact.( they not replying).
LINK

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2018 Maz 3 Neo with 59.00.540 4A N , can I go straight to the latest 70.00.352B , or is there an intermediate step ? Apologies , total newbie to Maz 3's , but plenty of PC experience , Thanx

·
Registered
8 Posts
If I am on 55.00753 NA N, I believe I need to update to 70.00.100A then update to 335C version, right? In that case, the sequence of installation should be 70.00.100A fail-safe package -> 70.00.100A re-installation package -> restart -> then repeat process for 70.00.335 update (single file), right?

Can I put all 3 files in a formatted USB drive at the same time? Or should I put in 70.00.100A files first, install those, reformat the USB to put in the 70.00.335 update file?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Process-Question-Answer: Right.

Correct, Mazda recommends to install 70.00.100 NA first, if you are below 56.00.650 NA.

Yes, all files could be copied to one usb stick at the same time.

But why take .335 and not .352 or .367 NA firmware? They are newer and most probably more bugs got fixed.

Just as info: At .367 serial access ID7v2 for AIO tweaks is not possible anymore.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
MAZDA MZD CONNECT AT END OF THE ROAD.

OK, Just letting all those with the first real Mazda (MZD) Infotainment 'SYSTEM' the
MAZDA CONNECT
or MZD CONNECT.

The .up or .update.up FIRMWARE as we know it is about to end as we know it.

Probably current 70.00.367A Firmware will be the last release (maybe one more) as Vehicle PRODUCTION LINE Installation at All Mazda Plants will end once the updated 2020 and 2021 Mazda CX-9, Mazda CX-5 starts Production this November/December 2020.

At this stage changes applies to North American made Mazda's only
BUT, I expect will flow into theses same new made model year Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 for all other world markets.

So what replaces the old 6th Gen Mazda Connect will be the current 7th Gen Mazda Connect II as used in the all new BP Mazda 3 and DM Mazda CX-30.

It will be a much larger screen 10.3 inches and located in the same positions on Dashboard.
The system will work the same as the new CX-30 and I believe will use the same .kwi Firmware as used in BP Mazda 3 and DM CX-30, DR MX-30.

Sorry no you CAN NOT update or change your current 6th Gen to the updated 7th Generation of Connect, as too many hardware and components plus wiring and software must also be changed also the expensive PCM/ECU.

HARDWARE changes are........
1. New much larger LCD screen (parts around the dashboard).
2. Wiring Looms.
3. CMU (Connectivity Master Unit).
4. TCU or Telematics Communication Unit. (North America ONLY).
5. VMC or View Monitor Control Module for 360 External HD Cameras.
6. Suitable .kwi Firmware for cars Region/Country to flash CMU.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forgot, I expect ND MX-5 (MX-50 ;)) will see similar .kwi upgrade, plus I left out the all new Mazda 6 or is it CX-60 as nothing official on these, I think all new 6 will be late next year.??

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you for your reply! I was able to install 70.00.100 failsafe and reinstallation then 70.00.367 as you suggested.

I would appreciate it if you could answer some basic questions:

1. Now that I have 70.00.367 NA N (I am in North America) installed, I should be able to install the Mazda Apple CP/AA retrofit kit 00008FZ34 and CarPlay should be on it, right? I just want to make sure I am not missing any steps.

2. I have 2016 Mazda 3 i Sport 4 door sedan - my axillary box is in front of the automatic shifter knob. I am aware that I can drill out the tabs or break the tabs from the various angles to get that box out, but what would be the correct way to do it without breaking anything?

Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
1. Yes & Yes.

2. Other way: Disassemble/uninstall the console/front console. See the signature of ASH8 (above) for a link to more details about retrofitting AA/CP. And in this link you can find a lot of trim removal PDFs and Videos for retrofitting AA/CP: HiDrive

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone have any tips on installing the Mazda 3 Automatic gear knob back on? I was able to take it off without any problem but unable to put the knob back on. I put the metal clip back in there to secure the knob to the shifter, placed the plastic button, and I thought I just had to push the button back into the knob but I am unable to push the button back in. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
Any help please? Can’t drive the car like this, haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
1. Yes & Yes.

2. Other way: Disassemble/uninstall the console/front console. See the signature of ASH8 (above) for a link to more details about retrofitting AA/CP. And in this link you can find a lot of trim removal PDFs and Videos for retrofitting AA/CP: HiDrive
Tristan, how did you manage to install the auto shifter knob back in? I put everything back but I am unable to push the button back in because of interference shown in the diagram below... the plastic arm that is supposed to be below like shown in the picture is pulled out above and is unable to be reduced under...

thanks for your input

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Edited:
I put the cap on the white thing which stands out and push it in hard/with force or use a screwdriver to push the top white thing down/in. In my CX-5 it looks a little different I think, that`s why you might have the problem. I do not have any info about how to do it at Mazda 3, sorry. Perhaps someone else can help.

And here at the trim removal PDFs of the Mazda 3 (Link) it looks to be the same as at the CX-5, but according to your photo, it is not the same, if you compare it to my photos of the CX-5.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts