2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking around for what coolant I can use. Looks like I can use a few types that are compatible with the FL22 coolant.

Mazda Coolant FL22
Ford Motorcraft Specialty Green Coolant
Zerex Asian Coolant (both red/blue?)

I was looking on AutoZone and it seems they carry peak asian coolant. Looks like I can use the peak asian coolant red/green/blue. I got a gift card for AutoZone so I would rather just get it there.
Has anyone used these coolants for their Mazda yet?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ethylene glycol based coolants are pretty much the factory fill in modern vehicles but the corrosion inhibitors are going to differ. Typically, Asian car manufacturers don't like coolants that use silicates.

Stick with a P-HOAT type coolant (phosphate rust inhibitor) and recommended to avoid Dex-Cool labelled coolants as they contain 2-EHA. The colour of antifreeze doesn't mean much anymore as it's just a dye added for marketing purposes.

·
Registered
570 Posts
It's the one thing I went with Mazda OEM and bought on eBay for $30 or $40. You want to use the correct fluid and you absolutely don't want to use a different color fluid whether it meets specs or not.

One of the reasons I went with OEM is because I could never get a question answered. Do the other fluids which claim to support Mazda specs actually support the 10 Year spec which Mazda indicates for new cars.

No one could answer so I splurged on the OEM.

·
Mazda "E" Division
1,276 Posts
It's the one thing I went with Mazda OEM and bought on eBay for $30 or $40. You want to use the correct fluid and you absolutely don't want to use a different color fluid whether it meets specs or not.

One of the reasons I went with OEM is because I could never get a question answered. Do the other fluids which claim to support Mazda specs actually support the 10 Year spec which Mazda indicates for new cars.

No one could answer so I splurged on the OEM.
Mazda F22 coolant works great.... my 2007 M3 didn't have any radiator issues 10+ years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts