2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I confirmed with a Mazda employee (Not the call center) that connected services will be released sometime in 2020 for all 4th gen Mazda 3 models. This employee explained that all 4th gen products have the telematics hardware installed, Mazda just was not ready with the app software until the CX-30 launch and decided to test the system with that model. He also mentioned that no dealer intervention or Mazda Connect software updates would be needed, they simply need to update the iOS app on their end to enable. While he could not provide an actual date, see the attached photo for confirmation that the 3 indeed has the telematics hardware in the vehicle.

989FCA41-6D95-460A-A8E5-58B1BF81AAD8.jpeg

·
Registered
106 Posts
From Mazda's (USA) web site, from the CX-30:

Like a personal assistant for your Mazda, access your vehicle’s health report, remotely start your CX-30’s engine or lock and unlock its doors, and more, through the MyMazda app on your mobile device–all complimentary for the first three years of ownership. Your vehicle can also be equipped with in-car Wi-Fi capabilities and provide access to emergency services like automatic 911 dialing and roadside assistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the same remote start, lock/unlock and vehicle finder services that the CX-30 and most other manufacturers offer currently. It does say in the fine print that opting into the service does allow Mazda to access and download the vehicle driving logs and crash recorder data at any time.

So I wouldn’t buy a third party remote start :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Please come to Canadian models... (the MyMazda app is in the USA iOS app store only at the moment).

·
Registered
12 Posts
I confirmed with a Mazda employee (Not the call center) that connected services will be released sometime in 2020 for all 4th gen Mazda 3 models. This employee explained that all 4th gen products have the telematics hardware installed, Mazda just was not ready with the app software until the CX-30 launch and decided to test the system with that model. He also mentioned that no dealer intervention or Mazda Connect software updates would be needed, they simply need to update the iOS app on their end to enable. While he could not provide an actual date, see the attached photo for confirmation that the 3 indeed has the telematics hardware in the vehicle.

View attachment 275252 View attachment 275252
View attachment 275252
\

·
Registered
12 Posts
So "they simply need to update the iOS app on their end to enable" sorry, but this is the biggest BS, who told you this doesn't have any clue what mean telecommunication.
To be able to activate some function in my car first of all they need to be connected wirelessly with the car. Please tell me how.

·
Registered
184 Posts
So "they simply need to update the iOS app on their end to enable" sorry, but this is the biggest BS, who told you this doesn't have any clue what mean telecommunication.
To be able to activate some function in my car first of all they need to be connected wirelessly with the car. Please tell me how.
Yea I dont buy this at all. I should clarify, I dont buy that it is available on the 19s. I did see that the 2020 models do have telematics

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hmmmph. Couldn't care less about this stuff.

I'd settle for a car on/in which basic issues were resolved by Mazda Canada first. Then they can go all-in on all this other nonsense for all I care.

Two examples: first, the SBS recall -- which I was told is still ill-advised because 'bricking'. Well, fix it, and quickly. This is a significant safety issue, it seems to me.

Second? The front door (both sides) weatherstripping issue. Had a so-called 'fix' done this past week. Front passenger door binding and sticking again after two days. Only a matter of time before the weather stripping/trim tears again.

Ridiculous. I don't give a rat's arse if I can 'talk' to my car on a smart phone if the bloody car isn't mechanically/structurally sound, and if its essential driving/safety systems don't work properly and/or could prove dangerous.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The 3 has a telematics module that is able to receive commands via LTE celluar, it just needs the Mazda server to issue the command, the same way it is being done in the CX-30. The point is the 3, which is on the same architecture as the CX-30, has this module. Mazda just needs to turn on the ability for us to send commands to the telematics module, the same thing they have done on the CX-30. If you don’t believe all of this, look to the 2020 Mazda 3 owners manual which quietly states that the vehicle has connected services...

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
The 3 has a telematics module that is able to receive commands via LTE celluar, it just needs the Mazda server to issue the command, the same way it is being done in the CX-30. The point is the 3, which is on the same architecture as the CX-30, has this module. Mazda just needs to turn on the ability for us to send commands to the telematics module, the same thing they have done on the CX-30. If you don’t believe all of this, look to the 2020 Mazda 3 owners manual which quietly states that the vehicle has connected services...

View attachment 275264
Even the 19s have this??

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hmmmph. Couldn't care less about this stuff.

I'd settle for a car on/in which basic issues were resolved by Mazda Canada first. Then they can go all-in on all this other nonsense for all I care.

Two examples: first, the SBS recall -- which I was told is still ill-advised because 'bricking'. Well, fix it, and quickly. This is a significant safety issue, it seems to me.

Second? The front door (both sides) weatherstripping issue. Had a so-called 'fix' done this past week. Front passenger door binding and sticking again after two days. Only a matter of time before the weather stripping/trim tears again.

Ridiculous. I don't give a rat's arse if I can 'talk' to my car on a smart phone if the bloody car isn't mechanically/structurally sound, and if its essential driving/safety systems don't work properly and/or could prove dangerous.
I couldn't agree more. This is exactly how I feel.

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts

View attachment 275264
So, if I read this right the car is paired to your cell phone, and Mazda not only tracks your cars location and your driving habits, but collects personal information too? Does it track your movements relative to shopping locations and monitor any web activity on your phone? When do the Google ads start appearing on your screen?

·
Registered
49 Posts
So, if I read this right the car is paired to your cell phone, and Mazda not only tracks your cars location and your driving habits, but collects personal information too? Does it track your movements relative to shopping locations and monitor any web activity on your phone? When do the Google ads start appearing on your screen?

Why can't the car self just have a LTE chip - like a watch. The chips themselves are cheap and allow for internet connectivity - just like a cheap phone.

·
Registered
34 Posts
These units are equipped with their own cellphone module/chip and in the UK that part is already activated to allow the EU wide automatic emergency calling facility to work. I was told by Mazda UK (only after I asked very specific questions about the TCU) that they are still developing the infrastructure in the UK and hope to launch it in 2021.

However, I am not sure I want this thing working in my car. USA owners may like to read these legal documents to see what Mazda does with this system - whether or not you actually subscribe to Connected Services.
Privacy Connected Services
Terms of Use Connected Services

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow that's super nice. One of the things (besides touch screen) that i'm missing. Remote control stuff would make the 3 much more appealing!

·
Super Moderator
4,878 Posts
Anybody who signs up for this service is nuts........Has anybody read through the terms and conditions? Once you sign on the dotted line, Mazda can change the agreement whenever it wants without telling you. If you cancel your subscription they still collect data regardless.They can cancel your plan without reason and there is nothing you can do about it. They retain the right to forward collected data to the police if they think you are doing something illegal....using a remote start system to warm up your car is specifically mentioned.....
Mazda uses 3rd party providers and you have zero recourse against anything they do. There is no warranty that any information provided through the system is correct. Mazda can not be held liable for damages resulting from information errors even if they are aware that the information is incorrect.
For yourself and for anyone else claiming under you, you agree to release and discharge Mazda Motor of America, Inc., etc from all claims, liabilities and losses in connection with the Connectivity and Mazda Connected Services, including, but not limited to claims for personal injury or property damage arising from the total or partial failure of performance of Connectivity or the Mazda Connected Services, even if caused by or based upon the negligence, gross negligence, strict product liability, Deceptive Trade Practices Act violations, bad faith, or breach of warranty of us or the malfunction of the System.
No product liability claims for any reason, you cannot bring a claim against Mazda except states where such prohibitions are not allowed, and in the event that you do manage to win a claim against Mazda, you only get a refund for the cost of the Connectivity service.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Anybody who signs up for this service is nuts........Has anybody read through the terms and conditions? Once you sign on the dotted line, Mazda can change the agreement whenever it wants without telling you. If you cancel your subscription they still collect data regardless.They can cancel your plan without reason and there is nothing you can do about it. They retain the right to forward collected data to the police if they think you are doing something illegal....using a remote start system to warm up your car is specifically mentioned.....
Mazda uses 3rd party providers and you have zero recourse against anything they do. There is no warranty that any information provided through the system is correct. Mazda can not be held liable for damages resulting from information errors even if they are aware that the information is incorrect.

No product liability claims for any reason, you cannot bring a claim against Mazda except states where such prohibitions are not allowed, and in the event that you do manage to win a claim against Mazda, you only get a refund for the cost of the Connectivity service.
I've read through the bumf linked above, and agree ... completely. This is bonkers.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts