2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to this forum, did a quick search but didn't see this brought up: Any Mazda insider know if/when the Mazda 3 will get the telematics [remote start, lock/unlock, locator, etc.] that seem to only come in the CX-30? I drove both the hatch Mazda 3 and the CX-30 today [both in AWD] and prefer the look of the hatch. Don't need the extra volume, and weight, of the CX 30. But dealer tells me only the latter has the remote capabilities at this time, and maybe 'later this summer' they will add it to the 3. It's seems strange to not put it in the 3, as it's the same platform, infotainment, electronics packaging as the CX 30 and is even made in the same [Mexico] plant. Anyone with any insight into this, as it's somewhat a dealbreaker. I'd rather get the AWD hatchback but don't want to feel like a 'second class' owner because this important, to me anyway, feature is not available on what is essentially the same car. Thx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check your my Mazda app...I checked tonight and connected services enrollment was now available for my 2020 Mazda 3 in the United States. Took 2 minutes and works great! In the process, it also enabled the vehicle to become a wifi hotspot, assuming i purchased a plan through Verizon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. As mentioned above, I'm still shopping and haven't bought anything yet, so I don't have the app. I will follow up with my local dealer and see what they say. Thx again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
New to this forum, did a quick search but didn't see this brought up: Any Mazda insider know if/when the Mazda 3 will get the telematics [remote start, lock/unlock, locator, etc.] that seem to only come in the CX-30? I drove both the hatch Mazda 3 and the CX-30 today [both in AWD] and prefer the look of the hatch. Don't need the extra volume, and weight, of the CX 30. But dealer tells me only the latter has the remote capabilities at this time, and maybe 'later this summer' they will add it to the 3. It's seems strange to not put it in the 3, as it's the same platform, infotainment, electronics packaging as the CX 30 and is even made in the same [Mexico] plant. Anyone with any insight into this, as it's somewhat a dealbreaker. I'd rather get the AWD hatchback but don't want to feel like a 'second class' owner because this important, to me anyway, feature is not available on what is essentially the same car. Thx.
FYI - All MY2019-2020 U.S.-market Mazda3 Hatchbacks were/are produced in Japan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
FYI - All MY2019-2020 U.S.-market Mazda3 Hatchbacks were/are produced in Japan.
I have a Mazda 3 Skyactive X bought in November 2019 in Italy.
Does anyone know if those features will be available to us too? The EU My Mazda app sucks and have none of the us options.
What's the fw version for the car that added wifi to US mazda 3? Can I find it somewhere?
Would it run on my car? For what I know what you call Mazda 3 2020 in US it's the same car I have.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have a Mazda 3 Skyactive X bought in November 2019 in Italy.
Does anyone know if those features will be available to us too? The EU My Mazda app sucks and have none of the us options.
What's the fw version for the car that added wifi to US mazda 3? Can I find it somewhere?
Would it run on my car? For what I know what you call Mazda 3 2020 in US it's the same car I have.
Needed hardware for this not present in EU M3/CX-30.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We don't have the telematic module installed. Go through this thread Mazda Connected Services coming to 2019-2020 Mazda 3 You will see da2el checked his Portugese car, (I did for mine as well). We have E-call.
In USA they have 911 instead of EU_CALLS.
Idk, it would be weird from a manufacturing point have different Infotainment (the wifi module is probably along with the rest, and would be cheaper to just turn off the thing than buying different systems).
Even 2019 US models have it, why would they completely avoid that for Europe?
Have anyone tried to locate the module in the car?
Like are we completely sure of this? Anyone have ever installed a US fw on EU car?

·
Registered
48 Posts
In USA they have 911 instead of EU_CALLS.
Idk, it would be weird from a manufacturing point have different Infotainment (the wifi module is probably along with the rest, and would be cheaper to just turn off the thing than buying different systems).
Even 2019 US models have it, why would they completely avoid that for Europe?
Have anyone tried to locate the module in the car?
Like are we completely sure of this? Anyone have ever installed a US fw on EU car?
It is already 100% confirmed that the EU car do not have the the telematic module installed. You can also check it yourself by going into the maintenance menu. Only Japan and US has the unit installed. The maintenance menu will tell you everything (what is install and what is not). No need to install US fw or try anything else.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Last year I was told by Mazda UK (not a dealer) that the telematics unit is installed in the 2019 M3 but will not be activated until the UK infrastructure is in place. The EU Calls function requires the same GSM hardware so like Unknown9 I find it odd that Mazda would ship different units.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Last year I was told by Mazda UK (not a dealer) that the telematics unit is installed in the 2019 M3 but will not be activated until the UK infrastructure is in place. The EU Calls function requires the same GSM hardware so like Unknown9 I find it odd that Mazda would ship different units.
by going into the Diagnostics menu you can see if you have the telematics unit fitted to your car ( along with various other options). to enter the menu press the mute button, and then the music and favourites all at the same time for around 5 seconds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts