2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
321 - 340 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I doubt that there will be a firmware fix, as it was mentioned, that only older firmware versions had this issue. So the latest ones should not have this radio station issue. Fix for Mazda: Install new CMUs to the people - and they usually come from factory with the latest FW version, which should not have the radio station bug of the old FW included.

And FW 74.00.310NA is brand new. It was not available since last year. The post #239 you refer to, was updated just recently and the links were updated.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an Android 12 phone and no such problem. Update the cmu to version 70-367 and see if that might help. You can message me DIRECTLY for a link to download if you need it - I only have the NA and EU version (I think) so if it's for any other region then I can't help you there.
Thanks, I have the .367 already downloaded for 4U but I don't want to install it yet. I "factory-reset" my cellphone and AA is working even worse. Definitely it doesn't work with my Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 & Android 12 (MIUI 13.0.5). My brother has a phone with Android 11 and it works perfect. I just don't know what to do. I checked the changelog for 367 and it doesn't look to fix something related to my problem. What else can I do? So weird. :(

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #328 · (Edited)
Yes, but that update has been available since last year (see post #239), so it likely isn't related.
No, 74.00.310A NA N was first released March 4th 2022.

The continuous reboot issue with Seattle Radio Station is NOT Mazda Firmware related but something to do with local HD radio.

Some customers may experience a continuous infotainment reboot in or near Seattle Washington.
Mazda is aware of the issue and is working on a resolution. Will be updated with the newest repair information as it becomes available.

2/7/2022 - West dealers are reporting a reduction of calls on this concern since the end of last week. The two most impacted dealers have stated that most customer are reporting the issue began on 1/24 - 1/31. It appears the changes made to 94.9 FM last week have stopped further units to be impacted. We have somewhere around 150 vehicles reported to dealers at this time.
2/4/2022 HD radio has made some modifications at the stations the week of Jan 31. HD radio requested to know if MNAO has seen any further vehicles that has the issue reported?
Western Region collecting CMU’s for MC analysis.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Just want to add this Connect Screen Resolution 'dpi' issue with Android Auto that some report has NEVER been reported by Mazda North America to Mazda Dealers with 74.00.230A. (August Last Year).
I would have thought that it would have been mentioned by Dealers to MNAO by now, but has not.

Personally I believe it could be a Phone (brand, screen res and or font size or phone setting) and or AA App issue.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just want to add this Connect Screen Resolution 'dpi' issue with Android Auto that some report has NEVER been reported by Mazda North America to Mazda Dealers with 74.00.230A. (August Last Year).
I would have thought that it would have been mentioned by Dealers to MNAO by now, but has not.

Personally I believe it could be a Phone (brand, screen res and or font size or phone setting) and or AA App issue.
Is it possible to downgrade from v74 to v70 in order to make sure of this? Knowing how Android auto works, it depends on the head unit's reported screen resolution and DPI for it to determine the size of UI elements. This can be seen by other means with Android apps like Headunit Reloaded on a tablet, or the AAWireless dongle which can change the DPI reported to the phone.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
If you or the dealer updated from a lower version than (firmware) FW 74 to FW 74, then you can downgrade. I did those updates/downgrades for testing myself.

If the CMU/MZD/car came from factory with FW 74, Mazda does not allow/strongly does not recommend a downgrade. I guess that some hardware in the new CMUs coming from factory with FW 74 are dedicated to FW 74 and might not work with lower FW versions properly. Never read about someone trying it.

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you or the dealer updated from a lower version than (firmware) FW 74 to FW 74, then you can downgrade. I did those updates/downgrades for testing myself.

If the CMU/MZD/car came from factory with FW 74, Mazda does not allow/strongly does not recommend a downgrade. I guess that some hardware in the new CMUs coming from factory with FW 74 are dedicated to FW 74 and might not work with lower FW versions properly. Never read about someone trying it.
Did you prefer v74 or v70?

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
As I only tested the upgrade/downgrade, as only FW 74 for region NA (North America) was available at that time and not for my region (EU), I did not use the FW 74. So I have no answer for you.

As far as I know there still is no FW 74 EU available for doing an update. I saw a screenshot of FW 74.00.210 ADR of someone who let the dealer update the firmware, so 74.00.210 ADR (4A N) should be available at the dealers in the ADR region.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
WARNING: At 74.00.310 NA there is no downgrade possible anymore - unfortunately. I just tested it myself. A downgrade was possible at 74.00.230 NA. See my photo report from the update 70.00.352 EU to 74.00.310 NA - and then the check for the search of downgrade files. I used the same usb stick with a lot of firmware files for the update as well as for the search when .310 was installed for the downgrade. So .310 does not show lower versions, which are definitively at the usb stick:
Font Gadget Display device Gas Multimedia
Font Gadget Display device Multimedia Auto part
Font Technology Display device Multimedia Gas
Font Display device Projector accessory Electronic device Multimedia
Font Gadget Display device Electronic device Multimedia
Gadget Font Output device Display device Rectangle

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks,

I have successfully upgraded my MZD from 59.00.544 EU N to 70.00.100 EU N today.
As far as I understand, if I wish to upgrade to 70.00.367 there's only one .up file required from now on. I have no intentions what so ever in replacing h/w parts in order to get aa/acp, just want the least amount of bugs possible to date (59 fw was quite horrible).
Is it safe to upgrade from 70.00.100 to .367? Some people here mentioned that they've encountered validation errors during the upgrade to .367 and I wonder if I should go for it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
The validation issue just says that the FW file was not downloaded or provided correctly. If so, search for another source. It just cancels the update. Your last version should work still after this cancellation.
The update to .367 is not less safe than the update to .100. And yes, it is a one file update (which is easier to do).

·
Registered
13 Posts
WARNING: At 74.00.310 NA there is no downgrade possible anymore - unfortunately. I just tested it myself. A downgrade was possible at 74.00.230 NA. See my photo report from the update 70.00.352 EU to 74.00.310 NA - and then the check for the search of downgrade files. I used the same usb stick with a lot of firmware files for the update as well as for the search when .310 was installed for the downgrade. So .310 does not show lower versions, which are definitively at the usb stick:
View attachment 286159 View attachment 286160 View attachment 286161 View attachment 286162 View attachment 286163 View attachment 286164
@Tristan-cx5 just a thought, have you try renaming the other fw70-74 (.352, .230 on your usb stick) to fw74.00.310 NA reinstallation fw file to see whether it would pick those to able to downgrade? Because it seems you can reinstall fw74.00.310 overwrite itself multiple times.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
It does not work. I just checked it with a renamed .367 to .310. It does not recognize the file:
Shelf Shelving Font Window Rectangle

So the only way back (to downgrade to a lower FW than 74.00.310 NA) might be the more complicated way to edit the SPI NOR chip and put some older firmware at it, like described in the thread "Black Screen MZD".

Edit: It worked, I could downgrade via flashing the SPI NOR chip - see post here for details: Black Screen MZD

321 - 340 of 391 Posts