2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
281 - 300 of 305 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Failsafe is not used in case of normal disconnection of battery as far as I know. Failsafe is only used, if at an upgrade or downgrade of the firmware something goes wrong.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
No, as far as I know 74.00.230 NA is the newest. But this is intended to be an update for a "from factory firmware 74.00.200" (like the CMUs have, if you get a new one from factory). .230 should fix some SiriusXM bugs only as far as I remember. And this FW 74 should change the dpi/zoom of Android Auto. So if you have no issues, I would recommend to stick to .367.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello guys. i'm a happy owner of the 6 model.

i spent some times reading forums and watching videos about installing android auto.

having mazda connect firmware version 59.00.540 EU N, i must update it first.
so, i put my hands on this file: cmu150_EU_70.00.367A_update.up

my kindly favor i ask for you guys: does anybody have some hash of this version so i can check if my file was not corrupted?

thank you very much!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi, currently i am running 70.00.352 (EU, living in the Netherlands). I believe version 70.00.367A is the newest version, is this correct? And does anyone have a link?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
No "but". From 70.00.335 and higher all updates are one file updates only - as *.up-files.
Improvements are listed here in the forum somewhere and always depend on from which version you are coming.
Changelog from .352 to .367 EU should be just bugfixes:
  1. [Russian language] Improper translations
  2. [With Map version 17Q2 or later] Bus lane guidance is not shown in map.
  3. [Except English] Translation of the message for back camera is not proper.
  4. Maintenance notification function (except when using Flexible setting) may stop counting after replacing the instrument cluster. It resumes counting after factory reset operation.
  5. [Czech, Greek, Russian language] Time zone selection may not work properly.
  6. [Ukrainian] Some characters may not appear.
  7. Speed limit for the other direction may appear in navigation screen. (To correct, map version must be 19Q2 or later in addition to CMU update.)
  8. Phone number including pause symbols registered as a favorite one may not be dialed and “Loading” message continues.
  9. Display off function does not work if activated while a road name etc. is displayed at the top of the screen.
  10. Information (artist, title, album etc.) for a track in an USB audio device may not appear.
  11. [Ukrainian] Improper translation.
  12. [Ver. 70.00.110 or later] Certain USB audio devices (SONY NW-A45 and NW-A35 etc.) may not be recognized.
  13. Certain Android smartphones (HUAWEI P20, P30 Pro and Mate 20 Pro etc.) may not work as an USB audio device.
  14. Country information (such as alcohol limit etc.) in navigation screen may not be correct. (To correct, the country information has been removed in the latest version.)
  15. Information (artist, title, album etc.) for an ogg format file in an USB audio device does not appear correctly.
  16. Play list may not work for an USB audio device with Android 9 or later OS.
  17. Play list may not work for certain USB audio device (HUAWEI P20 Pro with Android OS 8.1 etc.) when used as an USB audio device.
  18. [Slovakian] Slovakian words for “Recently used” are not shown completely in keyboard language selection screen.
  19. CMU may reboot when playing a CD/DVD.
  20. CMU may reboot while driving.
  21. Changes for sound setting (Bass, Treble, Fade, Balance) may not be kept after going to sleep mode.
  22. [With Traffic Sign Recognition System (TSR)] While in ACC-ON mode, improper setting items (Speeding, Speed Limit) appear in navigation setting.
  23. While playing tracks from an USB memory, artist and album names may appear as “unknown”.
  24. While playing tracks from an USB memory, certain mp3 file will not start showing “Loading” message.
  25. Some of favorite destinations appear duplicated and may not allow editing or deleting.
  26. Right after starting the engine, when trying to see 360° view monitor screen, black screen may continue for 20 seconds.
  27. When the gear is shifted to reverse, rear view does not appear.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
It is possible to install EU firmware over NA firmware. Some features might not work properly/are not shown anymore like the US based Sirius XM radio. And if you import a car, the radio stations are not working correctly - therefore you have to change the TAU module (tuner and amplifier unit/hardware) to one of your region.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is possible to install EU firmware over NA firmware. Some features might not work properly/are not shown anymore like the US based Sirius XM radio. And if you import a car, the radio stations are not working correctly - therefore you have to change the TAU module (tuner and amplifier unit/hardware) to one of your region.
thank you for fb !

may be you know what is better for CarPlay - stay on 70.00.100 NA and install CarPlay module or install 70.00.367 NA ??

I found 367EU but still didn't find link for 367A NA.

may be somebody can share link with update ?

Thanx to all Mazda family.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The major difference other than bug fixes is that 70.00.100 can be configured to allow tweaking via the USB port, and/or serial port. With .367 and newer, the software has been locked down to the point where it can no longer be configured to allow any tweaking (serial or USB). At least no one has been able to figure out how to do it yet.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
@pankovsky7 : Carplay works at both versions. The higher the version, the more bugs are fixed. I do not use Carplay, so I have no experience with that. Just check/search for the .352 and .367 update threads and look at the changelog info, if there are bigs fixed for Carplay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@pankovsky7 : Carplay work at both versions. The higher the version, the more bugs are fixed. I do not use Carplay, so I have no experience with that. Just check/search for the .352 and .367 update threads and look at the changelog info, of there are bigs fixed for Carplay.
thank you for answer.
im going to install CarPlay on 100 and write report in few days. maybe somebody will be interested

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fw70.00.367 and newer, the software has been locked down to the point where it can no longer be configured to allow any tweaking (serial or USB). At least no one has been able to figure out how to do it yet.
@AnClar have you check/heard of YT? It can be unlocked install tweaks, and do whatever you want. The solution is not published to the public unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Guys,

I was tried to identify the link to download the firmware to upgrade the version to 70.00.100A, can any one have the links to download the below versions for NA N is for North America, USA, Canada, Mexico.

70.00.100A-FAILSAFE.UP (First)
Then Install
70.00.100A-REINSTALL.UP (Last)

281 - 300 of 305 Posts