2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
241 - 260 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Just as info: For adding CarPlay you do need any FW 70 (e.g. 70.00.100 - or latest EU 70.00.367) AND additionally hardware (hub + cables). Just in case you hoped CarPlay would come along with the firmware update only.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

So I updated my Mazda Connect a few weeks ago and it is now running with version 70.00.367A.
I then ordered the USB Hub and cable from Amazon (Jaimenalin für Carplay Android Auto USB Aux Hub NachrüStung Satz für 2 3 6 CX-3 CX-5 CX-9 TK78-66-9U0C : Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör) and received it yesterday.

I followed the tutorial, and when plugging my iPhone I now have the option for Carplay. While the software seems to be working fine, I now have no sound playing from my phone via Bluetooth or Carplay and I can't seem to figure it out.

The Infotainment unit seems to be working fine and I do have sound when listening to the radio.

I do not find any unplugged cable except for the original one, between the USB Hub and the Infotainment unit.

Would anyone have experienced this issue and has a solution for this ?

EDIT: I was just being a gobshite and did forget a cable.. Everything is working perfectly fine. Thanks very much for this tutorial. :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello and thanks for sharing.

One question: Have you installed the usb hub to work CarPlay / Android Auto with firmware cmu150_EU_70.00.367A?

Greetings and health to all.

I found the following files:

cmu150_EU_59.00.545A
cmu150_EU_70.00.100A
cmu150_EU_70.00.367A

on drive2.ru server. I cannot say there are 100% safe but I am testing it for about a week on my car (Mazda 3, 2015) and all seems to be fine. Here is the link.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
I've recently updated firmware to 367 and installed the usb hub, android auto seems to work, but in waze/google maps gps location gets frozen(at the start of the car) and is not updated(stuck at the parking lot where i installed the hub in fact).
Issue seems to exist only sometimes, I still haven't figured out when. At the time when this happens mazda nav also seems to be stuck.
Did I forget to connect gps antenna cable or something?
Any tip would be appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

A question out of curiosity, which USB hub have you installed?

Hello,
I've recently updated firmware to 367 and installed the usb hub, android auto seems to work, but in waze/google maps gps location gets frozen(at the start of the car) and is not updated(stuck at the parking lot where i installed the hub in fact).
Issue seems to exist only sometimes, I still haven't figured out when. At the time when this happens mazda nav also seems to be stuck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,
Turns out I did in fact forget to reconnect gps antenna cable to the cmu.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
hola buen dia soy nuevo en esto pero actualize la version de mi mazda ala 74.00.230 NA pero no me deja instalar nada de la app mzd quiero poner temas o instalar video player y al poner la usb en el carro no la lee que puedo hacer ?
bueno si me marca que puse una usb pero no deja instalar nada asi como en los videos

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Please use english, as this is an english speaking forum.

74.00.230 can not be enabled to install tweaks (e.g. from AIO) via USB. Only chance is to downgrade to e.g. 70.00.352 and doing the serial access at the end of the update/downgrade process. See www.mazdatweaks.com/id7 for more info and www.mazdatweaks.com/serial as basic knowledge. If you had a FW 74 from factory, do not downgrade, as this is not recommended by Mazda.

241 - 260 of 260 Posts