2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
221 - 238 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey,
you are located in the Netherlands? You need the EU-Version? What MZD-Version is installed now?

Bye
Gruni
Hi Gruni,

Yes I'm in the Netherlands and I have EU N version 59.00.443.
I have a Mazda 3 2017 with the 7" display. If I understand correctly I have to avoid version 74, because of the weird DPI settings?

·
Registered
Mazda3 04/2017 BN 120 HP Sports-Line
40 Posts
Hi Gruni,

I have a Mazda 3 2017 with the 7" display. If I understand correctly I have to avoid version 74, because of the weird DPI settings?
@mk13139

yes, forget the Firmware 74.... :)

1. update your Firmware to 70......100 EU, after that update to the best working Firmware 70......367 EU. THEN install the AA/CP-cables und then the Hardware-Hub (USB-Kit).

bye
Gruni

·
Banned
92 Posts
Hi Gruni,

@mk13139 some screenshots of big UI on fw74 if you like that sort of stuff to be install on your cmu with AA/CP -> Firmware 74.00.230A apparently tweaks DPI for Android...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
UPDATE your Phone AA App.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
No, you see this message, as the forum owners (had to) deleted/restricted posts/threads with firmware content, as Mazda does not want their firmware published in public. The error message is very misleading.

·
Registered
5 Posts
so ending of self-update our Mazda ? :'(

Thanks for all your works
@Virion , i just bought my new gear for my dear wife and it arrived today to find out the good stuff from ash8 has end :( i'm so sad. Thanks for all your hard work ash8. I Will have to learn how to install it diy with YT now, look YT mazda update @Hyphin i guess :( my hardware will be a paper weight. Wife will probably leave me now :(

I live in a remote country town and i bought from the dealer. They are so nice to us we bought for $500 USD and say the gear fully support our HUD turn arrows and touchscreen (installation is $800~$1000 USD on top) for my wife poor eye sight she cant see very well the small screen on our car, while she drive i can use the touchscreen to enter our farm address, we can not stop the car on the road or on the side road because trucks and dangerous, deep dips. Hard for us old folks to follow youtube, maybe have to pay $1,000 USD for installation to get our HUD and touchscreen to work with the mazda official AA and Carplay, as least i can use my s21 with it they say. Hope someone can help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, maybe I'm missing something important here...?

I used to be able to find firmware updates on hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja, but I understand that has been decommissioned.
Is there another site available, and if so, what's the address?
I have a 2017 running 73.xx (EU) firmware and want to get the latest version for my car

TIA / Niklas

·
Super Moderator
6,529 Posts
Hi, maybe I'm missing something important here...?

I used to be able to find firmware updates on hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja, but I understand that has been decommissioned.
Is there another site available, and if so, what's the address?
I have a 2017 running 73.xx (EU) firmware and want to get the latest version for my car

TIA / Niklas
Missing something? Yes, research is what you are missing. If you had been reading the posts here concerning the current firmware situation you would know that its all been removed by the legal owners of the software rights and is no longer available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I did some reading and caught that the old hidrive storage was going to be removed, and I also found some (non-functioning) MEGA-links. But for sure I missed the 'legal rights'-discussion.
I presume Mazda just wants to be able to charge for the work on the upgrade installations from now...
Alright, thanks for the information arathol, appreciated !.

·
Registered
Mazda3 04/2017 BN 120 HP Sports-Line
40 Posts
Well, I did some reading and caught that the old hidrive storage was going to be removed, and I also found some (non-functioning) MEGA-links. But for sure I missed the 'legal rights'-discussion.
I presume Mazda just wants to be able to charge for the work on the upgrade installations from now...
Alright, thanks for the information arathol, appreciated !.
Hey,

maybe your details are wrong, I think there is no Firmware 73.... . Please check it again at your MZD.
I sent you a PM (private coversation), maybe you dont need an upgrade and you are running on 70....

Bye
Gruni

·
Registered
10 Posts
I upgraded my 2017 HB 2.5L Touring last week from 59.something (can't find my notes right now) to cmu150_NA_70.00.100A then to cmu150_NA_70.00.335C per the instructions I was following. I wasn't able to upgrade to cmu150_NA_70.00.367A. I was receiving an error when the update tried to start "Validation Failed. Failed to validate package certificate." I tried downloading the firmware from multiple sources, confirmed the checksums matched, tried different USB sticks, and switched USB ports. I got frustrated with the error and installed the cables and aux box anyway and can use AA on 335C. I don't know really what the the differences are between 335C and 367A, is it worth pursuing trying to get the 367A upgrade working or should I leave it as is?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Weird issue. Have you tried to reinstall .335 over .335 and then update to .367? Or doibg a factory reset of .335 via MZD menu (system tab).
Search for threads about 70.00.352 and 70.00.367 here - there should be changelogs written down telling you the fixed bugs.

221 - 238 of 238 Posts