2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
181 - 200 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
New Server now UP, SEE Signature Below and remember for a File 'LIST VIEW' ( in my opinion is better to navigate and see on a BROWSER).

·
Registered
3 Posts
see PM / Chat
Thanks Gruni for upload for me the 100a version.
New Server now UP, SEE Signature Below and remember for a File 'LIST VIEW' ( in my opinion is better to navigate and see on a BROWSER).
View attachment 282992
Thanks ASH8 for upload again all the firmwares. i going to install the last for complete the task.

I bought the chinese version at aliexpress and all work perfectly, the quality of material are very nice and cost me around 80€ so is a good option.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
Yes, well it is all made in China and yes all the early release old bad KIT stocks out of China has gone AFAIK, and a good member here Tristan cx-5 said German owners are installing Ali kits now with no issues, well why not you save some $$s by buying direct, cut out middle man Mazda.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Server update, see sig.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Also bought the chinese version from Ali, installlation went smooth but i don't see AA or CP in the apps. I upgraded to EU 70.00.367A about a month ago and was using it since. USB cable problems or I'm missing something?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Someone wrote, that Aliexpress version/hardware sometimes has problems with the cables - exchange the cables between usb hub and cmu - e.g. with original ones and try again. Thats what I read what could help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, hopefully someone can help a guy out?

Been updating the the better half's UK 2017 CX-3 to allow fitment of Carplay And AA and so far I've updated to 70.00.100A (EU version). everything went exactly as described in the PDF file, but upon trying to update to .367A it continually gives me a "cannot validate certificate" error and wont install, I've formatted a 16GB usb drive and redownloaded the file straight to it so no copy and paste, also tried a factory reset of the cars infotainment with the same issue popping up repeatedly.

So wondering if there are any tricks I'm missing or common issues not found in this thread?

Do I even need 367A to allow operation of AA and CP or am I just missing out some minor bugfixes etc.

Thanks Craig

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
You do not need 367A to allow operation of AA and CP. You are just missing out some bugfixes. Official AA/CP will work with every FW 70/74, which has to be installed prior to the hardware installation. So it will work with your 70.00.100.

If you want to retry, you could check the Link in ASH8`s signature and go to folder "z Utilities"/"Checksum Hashs" - to validate your download (create hash/checksum locally and compare with value in txt file). Just to be sure, that your download is correct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi thanks for your time and help,

I've compared the checksum generated with the txt file and no match, but this is also true of the two files I used for the eu_70.00.100 update which worked successfully, not sure if I'm doing it wrong as never done this before but instructions seemed fairly easy to follow.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
If your hashes do not match the values mentioned in the txt, then something is wrong with your download or you did the hash comparison wrong. I just checked and downloaded .367 EU and verified the MD5 hash and the one generated from the .367 EU file is the same as mentioned in the txt file... so the issue is not on server side.
For how to compare the hashes see "2. Instructions MD5 HASH.txt"

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you for uploading files to new server.
I have successfully updated my 2016 Mazda 3 GS Sport firmware.

I went from 59.00.504 to 70.00.100, than to 70.00.367.

I did miss the following step after .367
"Remove USB stick, close all doors (incl. bonnet and lift gate), lock vehicle with remote, keep all remote transmitters 5 m or more from the vehicle, and wait for 3 minutes (CMU sleep mode). "
I basically for whatever reason forgot this step, but all is working well.

With in next few days when I get some time, as a no nothing about a car but to drive from point A to B, I will attempt to hack/remove some trims, sweat some bullets trying to remove the USB hub.
Hope I won't F* anything up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a new hub part # TK78-66-9U0D that replaces the old TK78-66-9U0C. Does anybody know what, if any, changes there are? I recently ordered the new hub part number but received the old one and am debating whether to return it or not. I'm sure CP will work fine with the old part but there could be a tangible difference between the two and I'd hate to find out later.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi thank you for your support and files,

I'm new to this installation process and I have Mazda 3 2014 BM Touring Australia made. So as far as I understood, I need to install cmu150_ADR_70.00.100A_failsafe.up file first then -> cmu150_ADR_70.00.100A_reinstall.up and -> cmu150_ADR_70.00.367A_update.up.

Then I can install new hub TK78-66-9U0C. Let me know if I have missed anything.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
looking to do update this weekend. i am on version 55.xx.xxx. can i go straight to 74.xx.xxx or do i need to do 70.xx.100 update first then 74?

edit: believe i found my answer. i have to update to 70.00.100 first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I forgot to ask my question: If the car arrives with factory installed version 74, does it mean that it has also WCP ? No, the dealer does not know.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
No, there are 2 different product numbers of the cmu hardware. One with and one without WCP. Both use the same 74 firmware... the dealer has to check the part number or his price list. He does not know this or is lazy, if he does not want to check for you. I do not know which is better ;-)

·
Registered
19 Posts
No, there are 2 different product numbers of the cmu hardware. One with and one without WCP. Both use the same 74 firmware... the dealer has to check the part number or his price list. He does not know this or is lazy, if he does not want to check for you. I do not know which is better ;-)
In this case, there is no way to reveal the part number. Only trying to connect wireless. Am i correct ?

181 - 200 of 238 Posts