2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Let me preface by saying that I don't have a Mazda 3, but I am having the weirdest issue with the Mazda Connect infotainment system in my 2016 Miata. You all seem to have the most domain knowledge regarding these systems, and since the software (and I'm guessing the hardware) is nearly identical, I figured I'd ask over here as well.

While driving, the audio will simply cut out. When this happens, everything will still work (nav, moving through the menu, etc), but any attempt to adjust the volume has no effect (even the volume tick marks do not show up on the display.) Oddly enough, after some time, the sound will come back. The sound will last for some time (feels random), and then it will happen again.

This seems to happen no matter the audio source (radio, XM, or bluetooth.) I initially thought maybe it was related to the phone feature (importing email, contacts, etc), but it still happens if my phone is completely disconnected. Interesting enough, if I reset the system (via holding the volume, nav, and volume button), the audio will begin working again immediately.

Another thing I have noticed, is that while this issue is occurring, if I navigate to the sound settings, the Bose AudioPilot setting will be gone. In the menu, all of the other sound settings are present, and a new one, ALC, is present.

I've had the car for nearly 3 months, but the issue has been happening for the last month or so. It seems like it may be a software issue, but it's really hard to say. I plan to take it to the dealer, but I was just trying to get some ideas.

I am running 55.00.753. I haven't installed any tweaks as of yet.

Attachments

· Registered
32 Posts
Equalizer settings resetting and the volume jumping to 0 are known Software-Issues with the Tuner-Amp Unit. Unfortunately the unit is lacking Update capabilities so a hardware replacement if the only way to fix it.
Some countires offer a low cost replacement unit. Contact your local Mazda dealer.

Having an old version of the CMU-Software does not help the situation either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts