2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MAZDA CONNECT 7th Gen FIRMWARE Updates 2019~

523K views 929 replies 265 participants last post by  ASH8 
#1 · (Edited)

HOME SCREEN for .kwi FIRMWARE SHOWN ABOVE

CONNECT UPDATE FIRMWARE 7th Gen from 2019~ onward, Message me for your private download link only, Inc your Mazda's Model, Year, your Country.

NOTE: ONE CAN NOT INSTALL ANY GEN 7 FIRMWARE IN A CAR MEANT FOR A DIFFERENT COUNTRY, Example, To Install a 4A01 into a NA01 or an EU01, Mazda Connect
systems will NEVER Permit any change of Country or Region.
ALSO NOTE: YOU CAN NOT CHANGE or SWAP INFOTAINMENT SYSTEMS.
ALL EXPORT MZ3s USE the 7th or 6th GENERATION MAZDA CONNECT.
7th Gen MAZDA HOME SCREEN Above has White Text on Black Screen.

6th Gen MAZDA HOME SCREEN has the Red Select Icons on Black Screen.

How to Reveal the FULL Version Numbers Screen Below NOW NEEDED in Your Mazda for the Correct FIRMWARE Replacement.

1. Turn on ignition or ACC with push button start (with Radio ON).
2. Press the volume mute button and keep pressing it at same time press the Music and Favorite buttons at the same time for 3-5 seconds and the "Diagnostic Test" SCREEN will next appear.
3. Scroll UP or DOWN this list on screen by TURNING your Commander Knob up or down (see each Orange Highlighted).
4. Select orange “Service Information” on the screen by Pressing Down on your Commander Knob ONCE.
5. Select orange “Connected Device Information” on the screen.
6. Select orange “CMU” on the screen.
7. See "Device Version Information CMU" screen.
8. See ECU Software Number '7000C0A-NA06_12006' (Example).
All the Numbers + Letters from 70xxCxx-xxxx_xxxxx is what we need to know.
Record Your Numbers and the hit the RETURN Arrow to Exit Test.

SEE BELOW SCREEN PIC OF YOUR 7th Generation CMU DEVICE VERSION INFORMATION
The 7000C0A-NA06_12006 tells us what is in your Mazda Right Now.
PLEASE You Must QUOTE THIS CIRCLED NUMBER IN ANY PRIVATE ""MESSAGES"" IN THIS FORUM.

Personal computer Computer Font Technology Electronic device

See Below the 2024 Mazda 3 and CX-30 for North America BELOW.
Note: The Model iD has Changed 7230C1A and # NA03
for North America and Can NOT replace NA01, NA04, NA06.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

ALL DETAILS UPDATED BELOW from October 12th, 2023.

File Description example for North America market.
CMU 7000C0A-NA06 12006
  • CMU = Unit
  • 7000C0A-NA06 = Model ID
  • 12006 = Software Version
NEXT Generation (2019 ~) Genuine Mazda CONNECT Firmware is here...
EU** is for Europe, UK, Australia, New Zealand.
NA** is for North America, USA, Canada, Mexico.
4A** is for GENERAL R.H.D - L.H.D, Except Hong Kong and Macau.
HK** is for Hong Kong and Macau.
RU** is for Russia.

These SINGLE .kwi File are ONLY for Mazda 3 (BP) and Mazda CX-30 (DM) MX-30 (DR) CX-50 (VA) , CX-60 (KH) also specific 2021~ CX-5 and CX-9.
Can Not
be used in the Original Mazda/MZD Connect of 2014-20xx or 6th Generation model.

NOTE:
You can not rename the downloaded new File whatsoever.
You can not have ANY other file or files or folders on your flash drive to do install.
CX-60~ uses USB 'C' Flash Drive port (You can use a USB 'A' adapter).

You must only have the correct ONE single .kwi file on a FAT32 ( < 32 GB) Flash Drive, file CAN NOT be in a .zip or .rar format... ONLY in the .kwi ORIGINAL Format.

IF still having issues of CMU not seeing USB Flash Drive do a full format clean of USB Flash Drive.
Put a small <16GB USB Drive in Windows 10 PC, go to Start, This PC, RIGHT Click on the Drive, Select Format.., Select FAT32, Select Start, click OK, all files on Drive will be Deleted and Drive Re-Formatted (cleaned).
Copy and Paste new .kwi Firmware file ONLY on Drive, remove from PC and try in your car again.

IF you are using any MacOS PC to download file then that will also corrupt your Flash Drive as Macs can add hidden files onto flash drive and then cars CMU will not see the .kwi file.

MAZDA ONLY supports MS-Intel Windows 10 64bit OS and is used by all car makers for Diagnostic and Maintenance UPDATES in their Automobiles.
Apple (Mac) systems is not supported or used by any car brands in Service Departments or for Diagnostics, period.

-------------------------------------
Here are the Model and Versions available (Message me only).
CMU_7000C0A-NA01_12006.kwi * Mazda3 + CX-30 @
CMU_7000C0A-NA02_11046.kwi * MX-30 Only @
CMU_7000C0A-NA03_11048.kwi * CX-5 + CX-9 2021~2023 @
CMU_7230C1A- NA03_10016.kwi * 2024 MY Mazda3 + CX-30 #
CMU_7000C0A-NA04_12006.kwi * Mazda3 + CX-30 TURBO @
CMU_7000C0A-NA05_11022.kwi * CX-50 (VA).
CMU_7000C0A-NA06_12018.kwi * Mazda3 + CX-30 July 21
CMU_7000C0A-NA10_10004.kwi * MX-30 23MY~ ONLY.
CMU_7000C0A-NA00_1****.kwi * CX-70 (KJ).#
CMU_7000C0A-NA11_10010.kwi * CX-90 (KK).
CMU_7000C0A-NA12_10002.kwi * CX-5 (K*) 24 MY ONLY #

CMU_7000C0A-EU01_11001.kwi * Mazda3 and CX-30 @
CMU_7000C0A-EU02_11030.kwi * MX-30 Only @
CMU_7000C0A-EU03_10030.kwi * CX-5 + CX-9 @
CMU_7230C1A- EU03_10016.kwi * 2024 MY Mazda3 + CX-30 #
CMU_7000C0A-EU06_12006.kwi * Mazda3 + CX-30.
CMU_7000C0A-EU07_14018.kwi * CX-60 (KH).
CMU_7000C0A-EU08_10022.kwi * CX-5 + CX-8 + CX-9.
CMU_7000C0A-EU10_11010.kwi * MX-30 ONLY VIN 200001 to 209930
CMU_7000C0A-EU00_00000.kwi * CX-80 (K-) #

CMU_7000C0A-4A01_10047.kwi * Mazda 3
CMU_7230C2A-4A03_10008.kwi * 24 Mazda 3 #

CMU_7000C0A-HK01
_1***** .kwi #

CMU_7000C0A-RU07_14018.kwi * CX-60 (KH) for RUSSIA.
CMU_7000C0A-RU11_10006.kwi * CX-90 (KK) for RUSSIA.

The NA** file is for North America ONLY.
The EU** file is for Europe/UK/Australia and New Zealand.
The 4A** file GENERAL R.H.D - L.H.D except Hong Kong and Macau.
The HK** file is for Hong Kong and Macau.
The RU** file is for Russia.

@ MEANS "Final or LAST" Update made by Mazda.

# MEANS A Standalone File is not yet available.

No, I do not have Changelogs for every update change.

YES, I CAN SUPPLY YOU ONE (1) OF THE ABOVE .kwi FILES TO UPDATE YOUR MAZDA CONNECT, BUT IF YOUR CAR MODEL ALREADY HAS A HIGHER NUMBER (11000, 10028, 10047, etc) THEN I CAN NOT HELP YOU AS YOU CAN ONLY INSTALL A HIGHER VERSION THAN WHAT IS ALREADY PRESENT IN YOUR MAZDA.
NOTE THE VERSIONS: LIKE NA01, NA05, EU02, EU03, 4A01, HK01 AS THESE ARE FOR SPECIFIC COUNTRY and REGIONS Only, YOU CAN NOT MIX or CHANGE COUNTRY and MODEL TYPE from your cars ORIGINAL FACTORY INSTALL.

I WILL ONLY REPLY TO A PRIVATE MESSAGE, DO NOT ASK IN THIS THREAD.
I CAN NOT COACH YOU ON HOW TO UPDATE IF YOU DO NOT POSSESS OWN ABILITY TO DO SO...EASY INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED within DOWNLOAD.

* NOTE:
File Versions Above are ONLY for all new Mazda 3 (BP) and CX-30 (DM), MX-30 (DR), 2021~ CX-5 (KF), CX-9 (TC), CX-50 (VA), CX-60 (KH), CX-90 (KK) with the Home Screen Pictured Above.

You can ONLY Use the Correct Firmware for your Region and Car Model and or Engine Type.

NEWS: On page 20 of this thread (my Browser) is a long list of FAQs for latest ''MAZDA CONNECTED SERVICES'' and explanation in regard to the MyMazda App version 6.0.0 or higher for your Phone, INCLUDING REMOTE STARTING OF CAR (for Auto Trans Models Only)...MODEL MUST HAVE FACTORY DELIVERED TCU and Mobile Data Access through your Telco, Not for all Models and or all Countries.
SEPARATE TCU Driver MUST ALSO BE UPDATED.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
REGION CODES,.
for new Mazda CONNECT 7th Generation Only....

NA**
is...
Region NORTH AMERICA -
USA, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico.

EU** is...
Region EUROPE, UK - ADR.
Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican.
Australia, Christmas Island, Fiji, Indonesia, Kangaroo Island, Malaysia, M-East, New Zealand, Oceania, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi, Singapore, South Africa/Africa, South America (Most of), Asia (Not Japan or China), Tasmania, Thailand.

4A** is..
GENERAL RHD AND LHD, Except Hong Kong and Macau.

HK** is..
HONG KONG AND MACAU.

NOTE: Mazda from about mid 2020 is also now using EU** versions in vehicles now imported into Australia and NZ which used 4A*. It is a consolidation as these cars are now emissions and feature aligned with Europe.

* NOTE file is also MODEL and Or ENGINE Type Specific.
01 is for Non Turbo Engine Mazda 3 and CX-30.
02 is for MX-30 plus is also OTA updated where applicable.
03 is for 2021~ CX-5 + CX-9.
04 is for TURBO Engine Mazda 3 + CX-30.
05 is for CX-50.
06 is for Turbo Engine Mazda 3 and CX-30.
07 is for CX-60.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What version do I INSTALL?
Check your cars Connect Screen FIRST to see which
Version Number is in your car right Now See first post above..

If your Mazda is Brand NEW and already has a
Higher or a Later iteration Number than LISTED
here then there are No Updates Available Yet.

Voice recognition malfunction after firmware update??, do this..
MICROPHONE CHECK AFTER FIRMWARE UPDATE.

1. Press 'Talk/Pick-up Button on the steering wheel
2. Confirm that the voice recognition starts command "say a command" is played back.
3. If the command is not read, please remove the negative battery terminal (for data reset) and reconnect it after a few minutes
4. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON with the push button start.
5. Press and hold the Volume/Mute button, then press and hold the Music and Favorite buttons at the same time for 3-5 seconds,
the Diagnostic Test Screen will appear.

6. Select End Diag Mode for CMU reset

Suitable List of USB Flash Drives you can use from...

TYPE A (Square-Male) to....
TYPE C (Oval Shape-Male)....
YES You can use an ADAPTER Type A to Type C....

Circuit component Font Automotive lighting Hardware programmer Automotive exterior

DO NOT USE any Multi Port Point Adapter Types.
DO NOT USE ANY ‘’MICRO USB CARDS’’ MOUNTED INTO ANY USB DRIVE.

Light Font Sky Darkness Event

This post has been deleted
#5 · (Edited)
BP is the MODEL CODE of the car...and is part of the cars VIN (Number).

Mazda worldwide uses this 'code' to itentify what model, Parts Departments also.

The old model Mazda 3 was the BM and BN.

One before that Mazda 3 was BL.

Mazda 2 is a DJ and DL

CX-3 is DK.

Some trivia, car makers don't usually use the O (letter) as in computers/data O letter gets mistaken for number 0, Same applies to letter I (i) as it can be mistaken as a 1.

This post has been deleted
#6 · (Edited)
What is the file in the car now, seriously Read what is says.

IF your FIRMWARE is a Lower Number then it is outdated, and up to you if you update at your own risk.

IF your Firmware is the EXACT SAME Number then you don't update...no reason to.

IF your Firmware Number is Higher than listed ABOVE then YOU DO NOT UPDATE...

Pretty simple really.

Changelogs are not available at the moment, same applies to fix bugs like ANY Firmware Update.
If anyone does not understand this then they should not touch their car.:nerd:

#7 ·
Thanks for the last message :) the update change nothing visible at this moment. The annoying voice on the GT is still there :( I check my VIN number before and it’s ok :)

I talk with Mazda about the voice when opening this door and the guy tell me that Mazda works with Panasonic at this moment for this problem

#8 · (Edited)
CMU FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR MY 2022 Mazda 3 and CX-30.

ONLY FOR EU/UK SPECK MODELS OF CX-30 and MAZDA 3.
New Version of Mazda Connect Firmware
7000C0A-EU06 12004.kwi Use ONLY for cars
VIN Last 6 DIGITS starting from
300001 ~ Onwards...

IF YOUR MAZDA 3 or CX-30 VIN Numbers LAST 6 Digits Start with a 3 then YES
you should check your FIRMWARE Version and IF its NUMBER is BELOW EU06_12004 like
11022 or 11069 or similar then YES you should Update Firmware yourself or tell your Mazda Dealer that your Mazda Connect is having the following USER Issues like...

SYMPTOMS
The following changes have been made or the symptoms can be solved by the latest software (Ver. 7000C0A- EU06_12004).

(Ver. 7000C0A- EU06_12004)
• DTC U3000:49 is stored which may be accompanied with following symptoms.
  • No sound comes out from the speakers.
  • Audio source selection is unavailable.

IF YOU WISH TO UPDATE MAZDA CONNECT YOURSELF I CAN SUPPLY YOU A ''DOWNLOAD LINK'' FOR THE GENUINE FIRMWARE DOWNLOAD Ver. 7000C0A- EU06_12004) and the easy Installation Directions, Please ONLY Message me as links WILL NOT be publicly posted in this thread or in any Forums.
When you message me tell me the Model, current Firmware Version number and Country.

Rectangle Font Material property Slope Parallel

#25 ·
Hi Gents,

Please be easy on me as this is my first post here. I bought a new Mazda CX-9 Signature last week. (My son has a 2010 Mazda 3 & we had a Protege before that.) I came across the Mazda AIO Tweaks page when starting to research the 2019 Mazda CX-9 before I bought.

It’s a great vehicle but the infotainment system needs what folks seem to be doing at this Site.

Do you know if that’s possible with the 2019 models with Apple Car Play and Android Auto?

Do I have to take the Dash apart to do so?

I now have second thoughts that my vehicle may not be easily modified.

Can you advise?

I'm in Vancouver, BC Canada and would pay someone who could do this without damaging the car. The Dealer thought I was strange for asking.

Thanks for the assist.

#45 ·
Hi Gents,

Please be easy on me as this is my first post here. I bought a new Mazda CX-9 Signature last week. (My son has a 2010 Mazda 3 & we had a Protege before that.) I came across the Mazda AIO Tweaks page when starting to research the 2019 Mazda CX-9 before I bought.

It’s a great vehicle but the infotainment system needs what folks seem to be doing at this Site.

Do you know if that’s possible with the 2019 models with Apple Car Play and Android Auto?

Do I have to take the Dash apart to do so?

I now have second thoughts that my vehicle may not be easily modified.

Can you advise?

I'm in Vancouver, BC Canada and would pay someone who could do this without damaging the car. The Dealer thought I was strange for asking.

Thanks for the assist.
For your model, you should take a look here: https://www.mazda3revolution.com/threads/genuine-carplay-android-auto-is-all-here-and-now.230249/

#29 ·
I'm wondering.

Right now Mazda 3 in NA (North America -Canada USA & Mexico) have configured the main headlights along with the Halo as DRL.

*In Europe the drl are just the Halo LED.

Do you guys think that using the update from a Europe version would change this settings , or it would just mess up the whole system?

Regards from Mexico

#31 · (Edited)
#34 ·
What's new in 10018?

I found strange 3 things in the version 10013:

* Automatic headlights are not really configurable. In some tunnels lights do not turn on, and there is no way to configure it in the menu. In Mazda3 2017 you could easily change the luminosity
threshold.

* If pressed the lock key in the trunk, if works even the keys are inside the vehicle.

* If disabled the Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC) in the advance menu, just to enable the traditional cruise control, the configuration is not saved.

#37 ·
I just had my car at the dealer this past Monday for the Rocker Arm recall. I asked them to check if there were any updates to Mazda Connect. I was told mine was the latest at 10015, and also told that they don't just install Connect updates unless the customer can point to a problem.

Anyone know what the 10018 update corrects or changes?

#39 ·
I called Mazda USA and asked what the latest version of Connect is for a North America Mazda 3. He couldn't find an answer. Then he transferred me to the Mazda Connect support number. The rep said their group doesn't know anything about the 2019 Mazda 3 Connect and haven't been trained. Then I got the usual talk to my dealer response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.