2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
661 - 676 of 676 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
One question, does anyone know if it is compatible, if I install CMU unit (JP01) from japan half cut on my current one (4A01) ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys

I just got a Mazda 3 2019. Thereis no option to connect it to WIFI on the car, I couldn't find it. I also couldn't find a software update settings. Or a setting to check current firmware version.

Is the only way to update via a Mazda dealer? Is there a way to check the current sofware/firmware version? My mazda 3 is from September 2019.

·
Registered
2020 Mazda3 Saloon in Soul Red Crystal.
66 Posts
Hi guys

I just got a Mazda 3 2019. Thereis no option to connect it to WIFI on the car, I couldn't find it. I also couldn't find a software update settings. Or a setting to check current firmware version.

Is the only way to update via a Mazda dealer? Is there a way to check the current sofware/firmware version? My mazda 3 is from September 2019.
Wi-Fi is part of the connected services update that isn’t available in the uk yet & will probably not be available for 2019 - 2021 model year cars due to not having the correct hardware.
To find your firmware version follow the instructions here (PDF) the latest factory installed version for the uk is 10051, but version 10049 is the latest version widely available.
Someone on here may be able to pm you a copy of 10049, if so install instructions should be included in the zip file. If nobody has it available by pm you will have to have it done at your dealer, it should be free of charge as your car is still under warranty.
You say your Mazda 3 is from September 2019, if that is the date of registration you can get the date of manufacture by calling Mazda uk customer services (mine was registered March 10th 2020 but manufactured November 7th 2019).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wi-Fi is part of the connected services update that isn’t available in the uk yet & will probably not be available for 2019 - 2021 model year cars due to not having the correct hardware.
To find your firmware version follow the instructions here (PDF) the latest factory installed version for the uk is 10051, but version 10049 is the latest version widely available.
Someone on here may be able to pm you a copy of 10049, if so install instructions should be included in the zip file. If nobody has it available by pm you will have to have it done at your dealer, it should be free of charge as your car is still under warranty.
You say your Mazda 3 is from September 2019, if that is the date of registration you can get the date of manufacture by calling Mazda uk customer services (mine was registered March 10th 2020 but manufactured November 7th 2019).
Thank you! Can someone from the UK/EU PM me a link for the 10049 version?

Also is the manufactured date important? Is that when the warranty starts counting? I assume I have 3 years. Even tho I just got the car used, Mazda should still cover it for 3 years since manufacturing date I guess?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I have the 10049. kwi file on my computer. If you send me your email address I will attach it for you.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Mazda3 Saloon in Soul Red Crystal.
66 Posts
Thank you! Can someone from the UK/EU PM me a link for the 10049 version?

Also is the manufactured date important? Is that when the warranty starts counting? I assume I have 3 years. Even tho I just got the car used, Mazda should still cover it for 3 years since manufacturing date I guess?
The warranty is from the day of registration. The manufacturing date is helpful if there are specific issues relating to vehicle batches. Usually the VIN will suffice but occasionally an issue will be flagged up that doesn't yet have any official Mazda fix. If you have the manufacturing date it's easier to know weather your car could be affected or not.
Once you have the the 10049 firmware file. Be sure to follow the installation instructions carefully.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The warranty is from the day of registration. The manufacturing date is helpful if there are specific issues relating to vehicle batches. Usually the VIN will suffice but occasionally an issue will be flagged up that doesn't yet have any official Mazda fix. If you have the manufacturing date it's easier to know weather your car could be affected or not.
Once you have the the 10049 firmware file. Be sure to follow the installation instructions carefully.
Cool I got the file and updated to 10049 sucessfully! Thank you all.

I contacted my local dealer from mazda since my screen cluster has some weird horizontal lines. Same issue here

Hopefully it will be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So has anyone actually received an Over The Air update in a Mazda yet? Looks like 12006 is still the highest numbered known firmware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi... if i have well understand, the generation of Mazda Connect (with SIM card) is the 7.th and not 6.5th..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi... if i have well understand, the generation of Mazda Connect (with SIM card) is the 7.th and not 6.5th..
As far as I know, there are only two versions of Mazda Connect. The first version, made by Johnson Controls, which was present in the third generation Mazda3 (2014-2018), and now the second version, made by Panasonic, in the fourth generation Mazda3 (2019-present).

On the fourth gen, in some countries (such as the US) it’s possible to activate a wifi hotspot, however I’m unsure if this uses a physical SIM card or another method (such as an e-sim).

·
Registered
7 Posts
As far as I know, there are only two versions of Mazda Connect. The first version, made by Johnson Controls, which was present in the third generation Mazda3 (2014-2018), and now the second version, made by Panasonic, in the fourth generation Mazda3 (2019-present).

On the fourth gen, in some countries (such as the US) it’s possible to activate a wifi hotspot, however I’m unsure if this uses a physical SIM card or another method (such as an e-sim).
I live in Switzerland, my dealer says that the connect dispose of a internal SIM, useful to close doors, control location, receive destinations from the phone and said me that is the 7.th generation... maybe is only for Europe...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys!
I have Mazda 3 2019 (BP) (2.5 Skyactiv-G, USA version, made in Mexico)
Version on firmware now:
Where can i find a link to a last version of firmware, and instructions on how to update it?

Thanks for the help!

661 - 676 of 676 Posts