2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
521 - 540 of 558 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #521 · (Edited)
This comment is a bit confusing. I have a NA 2020 CX-5 (non 10" display), currently at 70.00.335, which was factory installed. Can I take this to 74.00.230 without changing the display or CMU? Do I just need the cmu150_NA_74.00.230S_update.up file?
IGNORE HIM, HE DOES NOT KNOW WHAT HE IS TALKING ABOUT..

Yes being in NA and using 70.00.335
you can install directly to NA N 74.00.230A. ;)

A 2021 CX-5 and CX-9 with 10 screen already has carplay/aa and uses latest UI style from 2019 Mazda 3 and CX-30
and for NA it is new NA03 .kwi files which will never install anyway in any .up system.

(To add to confusion to some there are 2021 CX-5's base models that still use 8 inch screen and 74.00.xxxx, like in Australia.)
2021 CX=5 MAXX with 8 inch

·
Registered
62 Posts
CLEARLY YOU do not know what you are talking about!
74.00.230 IS NOT FOR 2021 CX-5 with 10 inch screen.
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT TWEAKS...

You are the only one who is not WISE.

joro, the information I last posted is correct if you want STANDARD FACTOTY Update to LATEST FIRMWARE AVAILABLE from 59.00.502
@ASH8 I know exactly what Im talking about, thank you for your concern. Im just giving information what would happened/expect if people unaware once they had updated to the latest version 74.00.230 on an 7" or 8" screen, nothing to do with tweaks! as Mazda had stuffed up the dpi on fw74.00.230! for AA/CP.

Edit: you can update to latest 74.00.230 but had been warned! It was designed for 10" screen regard to dpi!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #524 ·
@ASH8 I know exactly what Im talking about, thank you for your concern. Im just giving information what would happened/expect if people unaware once they had update to the latest version 74.00.230 on an 7" or 8" screen, nothing to do with tweaks! as Mazda had stuffed up the dpi on fw74.00.230! for AA/CP.

Edit: you can update to latest 74.00.230 but had been warned! It was designed for 10" screen!
Will you stop writing rubbish, YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG....you are not giving information.
74.00.230 is used in EUROPE for 7-8 inch on CX-3, MX-5.
AND is the Replacement for ALL Mazda MZD Connect in North America 2014-2020.
EU N and 4A N 74.00.xxx Copy will be launched to MME Dealers in around September.

WOW you have not been here in forum for a month and 35 posts and know it all..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Will you stop writing rubbish, YOU ARE TOTALLY WRONG....you are not giving information.
74.00.230 is used in EUROPE for 7-8 inch on CX-3, MX-5.
AND is the Replacement for ALL Mazda MZD Connect in North America 2014-2020.
EU N and 4A N 74.00.xxx Copy will be launched to MME Dealers in around September.

WOW you have not been here in forum for a month and 35 posts and know it all..
Obviously you do not understand what im saying in tech terms.

I clearly understand 74.00.230 is being rolled out to mazda 2014-2020 around the world on 7"-8" screen. Yes I understand it works! but the "software" code itself for AA/CP will upscale AA/CP icons etc due to incorrectly DPI !

74 has been OPERATIONAL on 7-8 INCH SCREENS since October Last YEAR with FACTORY CP/AA, Exact same parts as THE Genuine Conversion kit.!
read above "i say it works!" When i mentioned Mazda AA/CP => what else can i refer to except the factory AA/CP hardware. No need to spell out everything.

MME, MNAO and JAPAN has not withdrawn or alerted Dealers about any DPI issue with GENUINE CP/AA, CP/AA Conversion Kit, and or the factory installed 74 Firmware on production cars since October 2020.
again it works! As long as it works Mazda will not care about user experience! It is software hardcoded! Nothing to do with iphone/Android settings update..etc either mazda owner do not know about the dpi because its on their new car, previous owner will definitely noticed the differences from fw70.00.xxx-fw70.00.367 once updated to fw74 FOR AA/CP user experience. Again it works! It will cost Mazda $ to fix and not enough people complain about it. So its being ignored. Period.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #526 ·
Obviously you do not understand what im saying in tech terms.

I clearly understand 74.00.230 is being rolled out to mazda 2014-2020 around the world on 7"-8" screen. Yes I understand it works! but the "software" code itself for AA/CP will upscale AA/CP icons etc due to incorrectly DPI !
You originally said 74 was for a 10 inch SCREEN DPI, Mazda has NEVER HAD any 10" screen for this FIRMWARE...PERIOD.

74 has been OPERATIONAL on 7-8 INCH SCREENS since October Last YEAR with FACTORY CP/AA, Exact same parts as THE Genuine Conversion kit.!

MME, MNAO and JAPAN has not withdrawn or alerted Dealers about any DPI issue with GENUINE CP/AA, CP/AA Conversion Kit, and or the factory installed 74 Firmware on production cars since October 2020.

If you or anyone else 'may be' look at the AA Phone App update, or Phone??.

THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR 6th Generation Discussion.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Premium Plus Turbo AWD Hatchback
26 Posts
@ASH8 Appreciate the new server and your continued inputs. I know how frustrating it can get.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
For NORTH AMERICAN Models with a Reboot of Connect Screen and or after Removing SD Card and a Toolbox Update.
Install latest Firmware for NA0* will fix the reboot issue.
See Sig below

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi dose anyone successful update 4A0 models with EU0 firmware?
Mine is also a 4A01 model, and I'm unable to update to EU01 firmware either.
As I've said earlier, I've even tried to fool the system by renaming the file to 7000C0A-4A01_xxxxx, and it gives the same message - update files not found.
If someone else with 4A01 really has successfully updated to EU01 fw, please chime in.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #530 · (Edited)
You can not rename File whatsoever.
You must only have the 1 .kwi file on a small FAT32 (about 16GB) Flash Drive.
IF you are using ANY MacOS PC then that will also corrupt Flash Drive as Macs add hidden files onto flash drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone,

First of all I want to thank "ash8" for his work. I know it should not be easy every day with some people and often need a lot of patience to support certain comments .. So thank you for keeping this topic for the community.

I bought a 2021 Mazda CX-5 with the 10-inch screen and I watched which version was installed (as you can do on the attached photo).

I see on Mega's servers in the EUO 2019 folder that there is a version CMU_7000C0A-EU02_11020.KWI. Is it more recent than my version? I would say that the version on the server is more recent but I am surprised that it is possible because it seems to me that my CX-5 has been recently built. That's why I ask to be sure.

Thank you in advance. I wish you all a good weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
I see on Mega's servers in the EUO 2019 folder that there is a version CMU_7000C0A-EU02_11020.KWI. Is it more recent than my version? I would say that the version on the server is more recent but I am surprised that it is possible because it seems to me that my CX-5 has been recently built. That's why I ask to be sure.
More recent? Perhaps, but it is not applicable to the CX-5, as stated in the "MUST READ WARNING...WARNING.txt" file in the same folder on the server, it says: "EU02 Firmware for MX-30 ONLY".

·
Registered
2020 Mazda3 Saloon in Soul Red Crystal.
36 Posts
Hello everyone,

First of all I want to thank "ash8" for his work. I know it should not be easy every day with some people and often need a lot of patience to support certain comments .. So thank you for keeping this topic for the community.

I bought a 2021 Mazda CX-5 with the 10-inch screen and I watched which version was installed (as you can do on the attached photo).

Thank you in advance. I wish you all a good weekend.
Versions beginning with EU02 are for the MX30 only.
Read the file "MUST READ WARNING...WARNING.txt" that is in the EU0 2019 folder.
You will see the following.

EU01 Firmware for all NON Turbo Engine cars ONLY.
EU02 Firmware for MX-30 ONLY. also OTA.
EU03 Firmware is for 2021~ CX-5+CX-9 Turbo ONLY.
EU04 Firmware for Mazda 3+CX-30 Turbo ONLY.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

Thank you very much everybody.

I'm stupid, normally I read everything correctly before asking and this time I didn't pay attention to the "MUST READING" file.

And I have to say that the title of the file should be clear enough for me to read it before posting my question so I'm sorry.

Thank you and have a good Sunday everyone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone how are you?
I have Mazda 3 2020 4A01 FW - my question is how I can make the update version to EU01 - like what wrote on the "MUST READ.. file" on MEGA folder?

Anyone got successful in this case?
Maybe need add-on file to make "force update" to this FW version?

Because the system not readable / nor found the file - this EN01 .kwi file !!

Please HELP!
Many thanks for that & best regards,

Eliran.:)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #536 · (Edited)
What is the Version Number in your car now?
What OS system is your PC?... MacOS are no good to use.
What size flash drive, PLUS there can NOT be any other files on your Flash Drive.
The file must be a .kwi on flash drive.

To answer part of your Question in 2019 the Mazda 3 for Europe was shipped from Japan with either 4A0* or EU0*.
You can not install a lower Version Number than what is in your car now as you did not say.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Premium Plus Turbo AWD Hatchback
26 Posts
If anyone is trying to use a Mac, you can use the following tool to strip the hidden files MacOS uses on drives. Just drag the drive into the tool, it will strip out the hidden files and immediately eject the drive.

I have not needed to use this for my 2021 but I've had to use it in the past.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What is the Version Number in your car now?
What OS system is your PC?... MacOS are no good to use.
What size flash drive, PLUS there can NOT be any other files on your Flash Drive.
The file must be a .kwi on flash drive.

To answer part of your Question in 2019 the Mazda 3 for Europe was shipped from Japan with either 4A0* or EU0*.
You can not install a lower Version Number than what is in your car now as you did not say.
Hey ASH8 how are you sir?
Ok, the version number on my car now is:
7000C0A-4A01_10015 .
My OS system is windows 11 pro.
USB flash drive is 8GB & the .kwi file is only in the flash drive!

ASH8 - you got success with the update to EN01 FW?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #539 ·
Windows 11 pro does not exist, I guess you mean 10.

Suggest you RE-FORMAT Flash Drive, Download file again, check the Checksum Hash is correct.
If that does not work I cant answer, maybe Mazda change in 2020 MY cars I do not know, but 10015 is close to original release of 2019.

IF we could get 4A0* I would, have you asked your Dealer?, but you Must say there is an issue with your Connect Screen like 'Screen is not always showing correct time of the day when you start car'.
Usually the Dealer will update Firmware.

see how you go and get back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can some one tell me which firmware to use for a 2019 Mazda CX-5 Sport? I have the Carplay upgrade kit and it currently is working fine...I am in USA North America. I just do not know if it is a connect 1 or 2 system and if I need to use NA N or NA0 firmwares....Thanks a ton guys for all your hard work here.

521 - 540 of 558 Posts