2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
781 - 800 of 851 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, although it isn't clear on the French Mazda site, as far as I know EU02 is only for the MX-30
Indeed after research, the version for my CX-30 is 7000C0A-EU01 for France. The last Firmware I found was 11000.
On the other hand, I did not find the manipulation-tutorial to perform the update. It is identical to the CX-5?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #787 ·
Yes have seen this before, there are some which have ADR 4A01 installed for Europe, I think was a mistake at factory and should have been rectified by your selling Mazda Dealer at PDi as there was a Bulletin out there.

IF you want the correct EU01 for your CX-30 just message me and I will send you a link to download,
it is version EU01 11000, install instructions supplied, very easy.
Also has correct French language.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes have seen this before, there are some which have ADR 4A01 installed for Europe, I think was a mistake at factory and should have been rectified by your selling Mazda Dealer at PDi as there was a Bulletin out there.

IF you want the correct EU01 for your CX-30 just message me and I will send you a link to download,
it is version EU01 11000, install instructions supplied, very easy.
Also has correct French language.
Thank you, our vehicles may be a little different (Reunion Island). So that may explain this version. But here the conversion from 4A01 to EU01 is possible, great!!! because I'm afraid of being able to make future updates with this version 4A01...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like other 6 gen Connect.
The main differences between EU01 and 4A01 are the languages offered in each, both have English.
EU01 definitely has French, 11000 is more up to date.
The update does not work...
I have done all possible tests. Several USB keys, FAT32 format. the downloaded file is good (downloaded in 2 times 663.5MB).
The USB key is well recognized, but a message indicating: update files not found

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #791 ·
The update does not work...
I have done all possible tests. Several USB keys, FAT32 format. the downloaded file is good (downloaded in 2 times 663.5MB).
The USB key is well recognized, but a message indicating: update files not found
What computer did you download file with, if was a Mac or Apple they include a hidden file and will corrupt drive so CMU will not see .kwi file. You must ONLY have one file the .kwi, it was Not compressed or zipped?, no other files on your Flash Drive, ONLY 1 FILE. What is the size of your drive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What computer did you download file with, if was a Mac or Apple they include a hidden file and will corrupt drive so CMU will not see .kwi file. You must ONLY have one file the .kwi, it was Not compressed or zipped?, no other files on your Flash Drive, ONLY 1 FILE. What is the size of your drive.
I tested on 2 USB keys 32Go, 2 USB keys 16Go and 1 of 8Go.
The keys are well formatted and therefore empty. only the kwi file on the key. from a windows 11 computer. no hidden files on it and downloaded without compression
(by the way, I know this environment, I am a computer scientist)
Thank you for your help.
PS: Have you ever had someone who made this transition from 4A01 to EU01?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #793 ·
Files are double downloaded onto two separate Windows Intel PCs, then hash verified SHA-1. Uploaded to Server, I then download to another laptop and SHA-1 hash check again...I take it you did, but the fact CMU is not seeing file is typically another hidden file or multiple files on your flash drive, only 1 .kwi must be on your Drive...I will try and find Bulletin from Mazda about cars with 4A0 ADR installed and Dealers told to install EU 01.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #794 ·
I tested on 2 USB keys 32Go, 2 USB keys 16Go and 1 of 8Go.
The keys are well formatted and therefore empty. only the kwi file on the key. from a windows 11 computer. no hidden files on it and downloaded without compression
(by the way, I know this environment, I am a computer scientist)
Thank you for your help.
PS: Have you ever had someone who made this transition from 4A01 to EU01?
OK Like I said ...see last message, cars came to EU with ADR installed from factory and was a simple re-install of correct region Firmware by Dealer. The only other possibility you have DTCs stored in CMU from other issues that record faults (day to day use of car), if there are stored codes these must be cleared by MDARS , if you have IO access and a VCM II you will need to clear these. Old mazda connect the owners could clear them via screen, now you need MDARS.
If you feel up to it, this might work by disconnecting battery terminal for a few hours (put headlamps on straight after to drain any residule power in system) as this may clear any DTCs, ( but some get permanantly stored and can only be wiped by MDARS), then try straight after reconnecting Battery.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Files are double downloaded onto two separate Windows Intel PCs, then hash verified SHA-1. Uploaded to Server, I then download to another laptop and SHA-1 hash check again...I take it you did, but the fact CMU is not seeing file is typically another hidden file or multiple files on your flash drive, only 1 .kwi must be on your Drive...I will try and find Bulletin from Mazda about cars with 4A0 ADR installed and Dealers told to install EU 01.
yes, the keys only contain the update file (I formatted it before to be sure there was nothing else).
I just ran the tests from another computer (download + copy to stick) with the antivirus disabled to be sure. The result is the same.
Once in the CX-30 No files. USB key detected correctly (I tried to connect the key in 2 different places and at different times). Key detected correctly, but does not see the files.

I also checked MD5 and SHA-1. Everything sticks.

Really weird... he doesn't want...

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK Like I said ...see last message, cars came to EU with ADR installed from factory and was a simple re-install of correct region Firmware by Dealer. The only other possibility you have DTCs stored in CMU from other issues that record faults (day to day use of car), if there are stored codes these must be cleared by MDARS , if you have IO access and a VCM II you will need to clear these. Old mazda connect the owners could clear them via screen, now you need MDARS.
If you feel up to it, this might work by disconnecting battery terminal for a few hours (put headlamps on straight after to drain any residule power in system) as this may clear any DTCs, ( but some get permanantly stored and can only be wiped by MDARS), then try straight after reconnecting Battery.
ok, i'll try that ;)

781 - 800 of 851 Posts