2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if there is a possibility to fix but, thought I'd ask just in case.

Backstory
======
Brother was given a USB key with AIO tweaks on it from a colleague, but colleague failed to mention he needed a specific firmware, brother was on v33 NA. So now the CMU is in a boot loop.

Also to note, he did not make a backup before installing tweaks.

Tried so far
=======
Un-installed all tweaks using the AIO tool

Questions
======
Is it possible to replace the broken files, like systemApp.js, with un-modified versions to bring it out of a boot loop?

On my own Mazda I have successfully performed these tweaks, so am willing to try and help my brother before sending him to the dealership. If anyone has any suggestions it would be appreciated. If not, thanks for reading the post

·
Registered
63 Posts
Prepare your usb key with this script. Insert the key to the car and turn on the CMU.
Wait about two minutes. Turn the CMU off and on again.

Let us know if this worked for you!

here is also final script
https://mega.nz/#!3A4C2SiJ!LezEZchN8akiUhNQ7XXO9GnuOlsfyP-mIqlGE2nsOKE

Code:
#!/bin/sh
# disable watchdog and allow write access
echo 1 > /sys/class/gpio/Watchdog\ Disable/value
mount -o rw,remount /

# original comment from AIO (disable watchdogs in /jci/sm/sm.conf to avoid boot loops if somthing goes wrong)
chmod 755 /jci/sm/sm.conf
rm -f /jci/sm/sm.conf
mv /jci/sm/sm.conf.org /jci/sm/sm.conf

# original comment from AIO (Enable userjs and allow file XMLHttpRequest in /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini - backup first - then edit)
chmod 755 /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini
rm -f /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini
mv /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini.org /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini

# original comment from AIO (Remove fps.js if still exists)
chmod 755 /jci/opera/opera_dir/userjs/fps.js
mv /jci/opera/opera_dir/userjs/fps.js.org /jci/opera/opera_dir/userjs/fps.js

# the "Tweaks Applied" window will appear for 10 seconds and then close automatically"
/jci/tools/jci-dialog --title="System App Tweak Applied" --text="System Tweaks have finished!!" --ok-label='OK' --no-cancel &
sleep 10
killall jci-dialog

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prepare your usb key with this script. Insert the key to the car and turn on the CMU.

https://mega.nz/#!3A4C2SiJ!LezEZchN8akiUhNQ7XXO9GnuOlsfyP-mIqlGE2nsOKE

Code:
#!/bin/sh
mount -o rw,remount /

# original comment from AIO (disable watchdogs in /jci/sm/sm.conf to avoid boot loops if somthing goes wrong)
rm -f /jci/sm/sm.conf

# original comment from AIO (Enable userjs and allow file XMLHttpRequest in /jci/opera/opera_home/opera.ini - backup first - then edit)

# the "Tweaks Applied" window will appear for 10 seconds and then close automatically"
/jci/tools/jci-dialog --title="System App Tweak Applied" --text="System Tweaks have finished!!" --ok-label='OK' --no-cancel &
sleep 10
killall jci-dialog
Thanks! I'll give this a shot and report back. From looking at the script, would it be safe to assume it's writing back original files which may be creating the loop?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks! I'll give this a shot and report back. From looking at the script, would it be safe to assume it's writing back original files which may be creating the loop?
The missing fps.js and two modified files (sm.conf and opera.ini) makes the trouble.
After first inserting the AIO usb key it makes backups and modified the three files.
So your originals are still there.

Give a try!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
well does this work in a black screen my mazda is freez in black screen for 3month now and i dont understand the script things

·
Registered
63 Posts
well does this work in a black screen my mazda is freez in black screen for 3month now and i dont understand the script things

If your cmu version is smaller as v55 and you played with AiO tweaks, well when it is worth to try.

simply copy the content of the zipped file to usb key and put it to the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't had a chance to try out Modfreakz script yet, but yes, you will need a FAT32 usb key to run the script

·
Registered
1 Posts

MEGA

Code:
#!/bin/sh
mount -o rw,remount /

rm -f /jci/sm/sm.conf

sleep 10
killall jci-dialog

MEGA

Code:
#!/bin/sh
mount -o rw,remount /

rm -f /jci/sm/sm.conf

sleep 10
killall jci-dialog

buenas noches aun tienen los archivos los ocupo porfavor

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
@Modfreakz: Thanks a lot for your commands above in post #2. This helped me to eliminate the bootloop at a CMU with 70.00.100 (matrix boot animation from AIO Tweaks did not stop/was visible all the time). I did a serial connection (like described at www.mazdatweaks.com/serial) and then pasted all your commands - line by line and after each line I hit enter/return in putty. After a reboot (which took a little longer than usual) the MZD was useable again and the bootloop was gone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts