2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jaffa Cake Addict
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mazda Canada Introduces Unlimited Mileage Warranty For 2015 - Autos.ca

It looks like Mazda is trying the same trick attempted by Mitsubishi years ago. The Japanese automaker has developed a new warranty strategy to woo customers into considering the brand.

Mazda today announced, as of the 2015 model year, all models will have warranties with unlimited mileage. This includes new vehicle, roadside assistance, powertrain, and anti-perforation warranties.

“Mazda’s focus is on long-term customer satisfaction,” said Kory Koreeda, president of Mazda Canada Inc, in a release this morning.

“By offering our customers an Unlimited Mileage Warranty, we believe it will enhance their ownership experience by alleviating concerns such as kilometre limitations, repair costs and resale value.”

If you’ve already purchased a 2015 model year Mazda, the warranty enhancements will be retroactive. That’s an excellent surprise.

“An Unlimited Mileage Warranty fits perfectly with our brand,” said David Klan, Senior Director of Sales, Marketing and Regional Operations.

“Mazda is a company that always challenges traditional conventions to make improvements. Driving enjoyment is essential to Mazda; it’s in our DNA, and every car we make. So offering a different kind of warranty that doesn’t restrict customers from enjoying their vehicle and driving as much, or as far, as they want is an ideal fit.”

Back in 2004, in order to gain traction in the marketplace and instill trust in the buying public, Mitsubishi announced a 5-year new vehicle warranty and 10-year powertrain warranty. It is still offered today on Mitsubishi vehicles.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
67 Posts
You left out an important detail: "Warranties will still have time limits between 3 and 7 years." A lot of people reach the time before the mileage on the old warranty. So this new warranty does not affect them. Unfortunately, Mazda USA does not have this new warranty as I drive 22,000 miles a year.

·
Registered
82 Posts

·
Common Sense
182 Posts
If it is 'free', it adds a nice little extra perk for the small percentage of people who drive a lot. I don't pay for extended warranties, if offered. They are usually offered because they know that a vast majority of those that buy it will end up not needing them (based on past experience).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Given the miles I'm racking up on my '15 I wish they had done this in the US!

Ah well, the good part of it is still that they have the confidence enough to offer it at all. Even if only a small number of customers will truly rack up a crazy number of miles, the cars have to be pretty solid or they would still be losing a fair bit on covered repairs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts