2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The following story made me realize how much I pay attention to details. You better grab a cup of joe... that's a coffee for you Europeans LOL

As some of you might know, I have recently acquired a 2015 Mazda 3 Sport GX with the Comfort Package (Air conditioning, Tachometer and Trip Computer). While browsing through Mazda Canada's website, the brochure and other sources, I noticed it is stated EVERYWHERE that the GX model does not have the Exterior Temperature Display. As quoted by a Customer Relations Coordinator; "This option is available only on GS and GT models."

But wait, my car DOES have the exterior temperature display! Not only my car, but the one we had for an overnight test drive before we bought ours did too!

So here I go e-mailing Mazda Canada about this (because I have too much free time) telling them about it:
Hello,

I think there has been an error with the product specifications for the 2015 Mazda 3 Sport GX.

The car displays the exterior temperature, but the brochure and specifications from Mazda Canada says it does not have that feature.

I know this because I am leasing a 2015 Mazda 3 Sport GX since January 24, 2015.

Thanks,
Dominic

After a gruelling seven hours and thirty-one minutes, they respond with the following:
Dear Mr. Dominic Roussel-Malo,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Mazda about the Exterior temperature display on your Mazda-3 Sport GX 2015.

We want to confirm with you that the information provided on the brochure is the correct one. The Mazda-3 Sport GX 2015 is not equipped with the Exterior Temperature Display. This option is available only on GS and GT models. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Should you want to discuss this further or have any additional comments or questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the number below, referencing your Service Request number.

Sincerely,

Stanley
Customer Relations Coordinator
MAZDA CANADA INC
800.263.4680 Ext.

After reading this and thinking about it, I asked myself "Are they not admitting to their mistake? Do they think I'm making this up? Did I just get this by the luck of the draw? (again, too much free time) ...

I decided to call Mazda Canada at the aforementioned phone number to "discuss this further". Note that while trying not to make myself sound like an ass, I was actually surprised that I found this mistake and ended up having a very friendly conversation with the Customer Relations Representative who answered my call. Let's call him Dave. By the time we ended the conversation we were both laughing about the whole situation...

Dave was able to find my file within his system and said he will note the information on my file and forward it to my local dealer. I threw in a comment about the dealer being able to throw in additional features/accessories to my car, but Dave said this does not sound like a type of situation where compensation is offered to the customer. He said the vehicle might have an extra package that includes the Exterior Temperature Display, however the Comfort Package is the only package available for the GX model. We were able to conclude that this is one weird situation, and without him admitting to it, I know Mazda Canada is making a mistake by advertising false information. *Perseverance is the key to success!*

All in all, I received great customer service and whether or not I get any feedback about this, I am glad to see exactly how much I am freezing my ass of when I am outside. LOL

The only logical answer to this is that the Comfort Package adds the Exterior Temperature Display to the car, as it is shown right above the trip computer. If any other Canadian Mazda owners want to chime in, feel free to do so, however I haven't seen many that own the new 2015 models.

For those looking for proof about the specifications:
2015 Mazda 3 Sport Specifications
2015 Mazda 3 Sport Brochure

I thought about looking at the US website, and I could not find any information about the Exterior Temperature Display.
2015 Mazda 3 Hatchback - Specs & Features | Mazda USA
Mazda USA - MAZDA3 5-Door Brochures and MAZDA3 5-Door Accessories Brochure

The end.

·
Registered
564 Posts
You really have a lot of time on your hands don't you?

·
Registered
175 Posts
How do you know you got a GX and not a GS? Is your audio system the low end one?

Mazda customer service is horrible, I had to argue with them for 5 hours in order to get my rebate

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why even bother? You got a feature that you weren't supposed to. So you want the manufacturer to apologize to you?
No, not really. I'm simply curious how this happened and my attention to detail clearly found an error on their end. I just thought I would highlight it to tem but they seem too oblivious to realize it.

I wasn't looking for any kind of rebate, but I told them feel free to let my dealer I'll take a cruise control add-on with that. lol
How do you know you got a GX and not a GS? Is your audio system the low end one?

Mazda customer service is horrible, I had to argue with them for 5 hours in order to get my rebate
I wish I had the GS, especially for how much I'm paying. I'm 100% sure it's a GX. It has steel wheels and the stereo is the 4-speaker one with the small audio interface, as opposed to the 6-speaker and 7 inch screen on the GS. Also, no heated seats.:thumbdown 1:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just thought I would highlight it to tem but they seem too oblivious to realize it.
I think it's more who you're talking to. If there's an error on a webpage at Walmart.com, going into a store's customer service to report it isn't going to fix anything. It's very unlikely that the people you talked to are even in the same country as the those running the website and very few companies have a structure where that information would get passed along, unless it were a huge legal issue or something.

One interesting thing would be to find out if your car and the one you test drove were from Japan or Mexico. It could be that one plant is installing a part that the company didn't plan for that model, although that seems much less likely than a web page error.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think it's more who you're talking to. If there's an error on a webpage at Walmart.com, going into a store's customer service to report it isn't going to fix anything. It's very unlikely that the people you talked to are even in the same country as the those running the website and very few companies have a structure where that information would get passed along, unless it were a huge legal issue or something.

One interesting thing would be to find out if your car and the one you test drove were from Japan or Mexico. It could be that one plant is installing a part that the company didn't plan for that model, although that seems much less likely than a web page error.
Good point. Keep in mind the paper/online brochures also note the same information.

The car I test drove and my car were both made in Mexico. The VIN starts with 3M and it was built in July 2014. It looks like they all have ones made in Mexico now that Japan stopped making them for the NA market.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Can I hire you to do my taxes?

:w00t 1:

Reactions: trixx506

·
Registered
392 Posts
The only logical answer to this is that the Comfort Package adds the Exterior Temperature Display to the car, as it is shown right above the trip computer.
I think you hit it right there... the GX doesn't have include temp as the display isn't there. Comfort package added the display so you've got temp.

Probably hard to find one without comfort package but drop by a dealer and take a look at GX without comfort package and doubt it's got temp as there's no where to display it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts