1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
182 Posts
My guess is that Mazda gets someone to help lower production costs on the new Miata. Then Fiat gets to add a roadster with proven pedigree to their line up. Just with some sort of twin-air Fiat engine.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I am soo buying one :yes: It will be at about the same time I graduate from college :tongue:

·
Registered
750 Posts
As much as I like Alpha Romeo's I cringe a little when I read that. Fiat/Alpha have horrible reliability rates. I'm sure a partnership like this will creat a beautiful car that is a hoot to drive...when it's working. One of the reasons Alpha left the American market in the first place was their reliability issues. From what I've read about their reputation in Europe, Fiat/Alpha haven't improved much over the years.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Fiat has done wonders for Chryslers- just look at their new interiors- very nice! (But I like Mazda's interiors now- but pre-Fiat Chrysler interiors were awful and now they are VERY nice)

·
Free Tibet! Today Only!!
914 Posts
Don't fear, I doubt Fiat is going to have much to do with what becomes of Mazda. I believe it to be more of the other way around. A quality automaker needs support (Mazda getting help from Fiat) and a mass automaker needs help in making a desirable car (Fiat needs Mazda's engineers).

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think this is great. Honestly why combine two Japanese companies? I like the idea of a European company with a Japanese company.Its like luxury and style meet reliability and intelligence.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Idk in Europe, but Fiat in Brasil is a good car when comes to last for a long time.
I lived in the UK for a few years about 10 years ago and it was common knowledge that Alpha's were fun to drive and looked great, but they were some of the most un-reliable cars on the Brittish roads...and that is saying something when you think about how bad Jags and Rover's were at the time! The year that Fiat bought a controlling interest in Chrysler (2008?), the German auto club ADAC published a study that put FIAT's reliablity in the bottom 25% of the automakers selling cars in Europe. A few weeks ago here in the States JD Powers release this quarter's initial reliability results. Fiat, Smart, and VW rounded out the bottom of the survey with the most issues. I'll admit that JD Powers isn't the greatest measure, but it is worth considering along with other evidence.

I'm hoping Mazda keeps a tight grip on what ends up in their cars. My 3 has been the most reliable car I've ever owned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.