2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am about to pick up my new mazda3 and I need your help in deciding if the MAP offered my Mazda is worth it.
The dealer is recommending one of the following for me:
6 years --> 120K for $2830.00 CDN or
7 years --> 160K for $3280.00 CDN.

Has anyone of you purchased MAP and if yes is it worth it and how much did you pay?
Are these prices negotiable?
Thank you

·
Registered
316 Posts
the price is always negotiable, the dealer and the guarantor both make money selling extended warranties (if they can reduce the commission but make the sale, they will negotiate to what they can get from you), so the chance you will get more from it than you pay has already been determined to be in the favor of the 'house' (dealer/guarantor).

That said, there is already a thread related to extended warranties where people will tell you they hit a deer and thank god they had good insurance (??) and etc, so go look that thread up since it is identical to this one you are starting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the price is always negotiable, the dealer and the guarantor both make money selling extended warranties (if they can reduce the commission but make the sale, they will negotiate to what they can get from you), so the chance you will get more from it than you pay has already been determined to be in the favor of the 'house' (dealer/guarantor).

That said, there is already a thread related to extended warranties where people will tell you they hit a deer and thank god they had good insurance (??) and etc, so go look that thread up since it is identical to this one you are starting.
Thank you

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hello all,
I am about to pick up my new mazda3 and I need your help in deciding if the MAP offered my Mazda is worth it.

Has anyone of you purchased MAP and if yes is it worth it and how much did you pay?
Thank you
You're in Canada, correct?
I am hoping you're aware of the unlimited kilometre warranty (3 year comprehensive, 5 year powertrain) that is the standard manufacturer's warranty in Canada?

If I may ask, how long are you financing the car? Are you leasing or purchasing?

How many kilometres do you put on a year?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello,
I am 58 so i bought a lot of new cars in my life.
And I NEVER bought an extended warranty for my cars.
Chrysler, Honda, Mirsubushi, Mazda and Toyota in these years.....
I did though for my new Mazda 3 given i bought a first year model.
So far i had all the recalls done and they had to replace a faulty cluster gauge (1 800$ CAN) under warranty.
Insurance is always a guess.
I bought my car to keep and financed for 6 years....
Just my situation!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello,
So far i had all the recalls done and they had to replace a faulty cluster gauge (1 800$ CAN) under warranty.
Just my situation!!!!!
Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello,
Just my situation!!!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're in Canada, correct?
I am hoping you're aware of the unlimited kilometre warranty (3 year comprehensive, 5 year powertrain) that is the standard manufacturer's warranty in Canada?

If I may ask, how long are you financing the car? Are you leasing or purchasing?

How many kilometres do you put on a year?
I selected the 72 month finance option. I plan to keep this car for long time as I will be driving it mostly weekends and a few evenings (Live downtown - work downtown - walk to work).

·
Registered
200 Posts
My family has owned Mazda's for roughly 15 years, ones that are 50% ford and now ones that are fully Mazda.
I was offered 7 years 10000kms of extended warranty through "Old Republic Warranty."
I got it on my '11 Mazda 6gt as it was used, I was a semi-broke college student and didn't want to to stuck with any potentially expensive repairs, and because I thought 4yrs 30000 kms was a good deal at $1400 (car had 86k kms at purchase).
Only things I had done under warranty: replace an O2 sensor (that turned into a $1100 repair that's to an incompetent dealership and rust) and one of the Bose speakers in the car went out. Note that both of these repairs took place at 105k and 115k so unless you're gonna put the kms on you should be fine.
On the 2020 mazda3 awd I picked up I bargained down to 100000 7yrs for $1410cad from the originally offered $2450, as well as turning down all the paint protection options as I'd rather get a clearbra for the front bumper, hood and wrap the mirrors.
The Mazda 3yr +5yr powertrain and unlimited kms warranty is really good and if your dealer has a good service department &/or you have a good relationship with the service dept they will take care of most issues vs an extended warranty that will require something to have "failed" before offering a repair.
If that extra warranty will give you peace of mind in case something happens then go for it as you will be happy in the event something requires repair. Usually doing the required maintenance as per your maintenance schedule and adjusting it depending on your driving (city, mountains, etc) plus most bugs are usually sorted out within the first 1-2 years (eg the SBS recall)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello all,

Thank you
I've never purchased an extended warranty before my last 3 vehicles (2014 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Maxima, 2019 Mazda 3 AWD HB). It paid for itself on the piece of junk Jeep. With all the fancy stuff on cars today and dealerships charging over $100/hr to work on vehicles, I think it's crazy not to have an extended warranty. I don't put many miles on a car so I went more years for less miles per year. So in your example, I would ask for maybe a 7yr/120k one and it should be about same price as the 6yr/120k from my experiences. Through Mazda dealership my 7yr/60,000 miles was exactly the same price as the 6yr/60,000 mile one they tried to sell me. Also keep in mind you can cash in a pro-rated amount of extended warranty if sell or trade in vehicle early. After I traded Jeep in on Mazda, I went back to dealership I purchased Jeep extended warranty and they canceled it and mailed me a check for around $700.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've never purchased an extended warranty before my last 3 vehicles (2014 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Maxima, 2019 Mazda 3 AWD HB). It paid for itself on the piece of junk Jeep. With all the fancy stuff on cars today and dealerships charging over $100/hr to work on vehicles, I think it's crazy not to have an extended warranty. I don't put many miles on a car so I went more years for less miles per year. So in your example, I would ask for maybe a 7yr/120k one and it should be about same price as the 6yr/120k from my experiences. Through Mazda dealership my 7yr/60,000 miles was exactly the same price as the 6yr/60,000 mile one they tried to sell me. Also keep in mind you can cash in a pro-rated amount of extended warranty if sell or trade in vehicle early. After I traded Jeep in on Mazda, I went back to dealership I purchased Jeep extended warranty and they canceled it and mailed me a check for around $700.
Geez, that's pretty awesome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.