2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Davnol
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new Mazda6 user in Sri Lanka and new to this forum...

Stumbled upon your very useful thread (//mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2018-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/180578-mazda-mzd-connect-firmware-downloads-updated.html) on upgrading the Firmware on the Mazda and was wondering if any of you could give me a few more tips and cautions to be aware of, before proceeding ...

Mine is a Mazda6 (YoM 2015), JM6-GJ, currently running OS Version 51.00.351/Fail safe Version 51.00351 and based in Sri Lanka (Asia).

I intend to upgrade on latest version as posted on the above thread ie.
ADR 56.00.513C Failsafe :6,850 KB
//goo.gl/8IW4eM
ADR 56.00.513C Reinstall :1,853,075 KB
//goo.gl/L59rpf

Appreciate your advise Pls.;
Mainly, can I upgrade straight from 51. to 56. ?
Secondly, Have I chosen the right location version for Sri Lanka ie. ADR ?
Any other specific cautions to be aware of (other than what's already posted on the said thread) ...

Thanking you in advance.
Regards, Davnol

·
Davnol
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also would i be able to perform AIO Tweaks after the ver. 70 upgrade.
NB. I just want to be able to mirror my Android screen with the tweak :thumbup 1:

·
Registered
437 Posts
And for extra info, I just installed the new cables and AUX unit. Tools used were only a 10mm socket and my hands and it took just about 1.5 hours. I was quite impressed with myself.

The FW update from 56 to 70, which I did last week, took about 45mins.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I have a European 2015 Mazda 3 with Ver 33. If I upgrade what new features/benefits will I gain? And if so what version would you recommend for me to download? Thanks!

·
Davnol
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay, a bit late on the update;
but managed to do upgrade from OS Version 51.00.351 to 56.00.513 4A N (ADR) with success.
The installation process took about 45-50 min. in whole - some anxious waits and a few break paddle presses in between, but all went well...

Advise anyone wishing to do same to first read through the guide @ASH8 's 1st post on following the thread: https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2018-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/180578-mazda-mzd-connect-firmware-downloads-updated.html

The FW versions downloads and update instruction are available as linked @Withe 's 1st post on the following thread:
https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2018-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/98202-mzd-connect-all-firmware-version-only-downloads.html
or
https://my.hidrive.com/share/hsodpqja.l#$/Mazda_Firmware (Courtesy @SergSlim)

Thanks you also @oscargamer for response to my initial query when contemplating a go ahead for the upgrade - didn't move straight to OS Ver. 70, because it's somewhat restricts to load AIO Tweaks without a couple of interim steps to be done before ver 59.00.502+.

Good Luck !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello i do have 1 question

even after the update the fm goes up 108 (am on eu ) but still need fm converter to find sequence is there a way ti avoid the converter?

regards!

·
Davnol
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello i do have 1 question

even after the update the fm goes up 108 (am on eu ) but still need fm converter to find sequence is there a way ti avoid the converter?

regards!
What version were you on earlier and what have you upgraded to ?
Which country are you resident also ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Country cyprus !

just keep up to the latest version and i did 3-4 mazdas (friends) and always after the update i have to install fm converter
am not saying is problem to do that but i hear that you don't need to install fm converter after the update
it goes up to 108 but still have to use converter !

regards!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts