2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriends Mazda 3 2009, ran fine yesterday I drove it, parked it last night and today will not turn over correctly and start... it seems like it turns over a few times then stops... I charged the battery this morning and still only turns over a few times then stops... I dont think its the battery cause radio plays and lights dont look low. havent checked any fluids yet could that be a issue ? Just dont know where to start... Never had any problems before now

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mazda

But if it was a gas issue, wouldnt it just keep spinning over and over and over, just not start.
I dont think its the alternator because the lights and radio all look ok, from my experiences usually if that is going out everything is dim.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Can you crank it over 3 times... wait 2 sec and do it again over and over?

If not sounds like battery... power required for lights, radio etc... is very small vs crank over the engine

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Problem! Fix?

I'm having the exact same problem! It started just fine and I backed up, but when I tried to turn my wheel was still locked. So I stop the car, put it in park, and turn it off to restart it, figuring that should unlock the wheel. And then the car won't start again. Battery's fine, all the lights are going on, and the radio will play. Tank is halfway full of gas. I popped the hood and couldn't find anything wrong.

Did you ever figure out what the problem was and how did you fix it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts