2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, after purchasing my first Mazda, I can see a lot of people take their cars seriously, which I like, my respects. I too, enjoy customization, and tinkering around with things. However, I'm not too smart when it comes to automotive. I had just but a few questions for everyone who would like to answer or yell at me if they are offended.
1.First, I would love to be talked more into the 3 because its a nice car, it's beautiful in fact (pics are attached) There are just 2 small things that bother my OCD. Ha. 1. The Navigation system. Why not just build into the dash like the 6. Or like every other car that has ever been built with such a system. All of this being subjective in my opinion, I think it looks stupid. It looks like I have tablet sitting up there. The 2nd reason I may want to move to the 6 is the overall body shape. Again, to me, the 6 looks more even and balanced, whereas, the 3, the front end looks nice, like a sports car, long front end of car too. I guess It basically looks like a !/2 old style Volkswagen turned into 1//2 sportscar. I want to like this vehicle I do like it, and I DO NOT want to spend more money for the 6 because of these little inconsistencies.
2. The SD card for navigation I purchased mine with 19k miles on it and les than 3 years into a the full manufacturer's warranty. Do they not give even people the SD card? is that not an included service? I just need to know because if it isn't kind of just takes more money out of pocket and towards the 6. Is there anyway around this (without using Linux) ha. Has ANYONE EVER RECIEVED THIS Navigational SD card, without buying the car brand new? Any info would be helpful, got some very sweet setups here. too sweeet. Thanks again, in advance.

PS. Sorry, if I did keep this vehicle I would like to take the big tablet off my dash, has anyone done this? Is it easy for a so/so electronics guy? Most importantly, I was looking at few of your car's and got some sweet rims. What are the best size without being too big? And then I would need tires as well I assume, if anyone can help with any of this thesis, it would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,
Derek

Sincerely,
Derek

·
Banned
842 Posts
WELCOME TO THE FORUM
The SD for navigation is so cheap why would this even be an issue??? Sorry but of all the things this would be the least of my concern?
IMHO no one is going to talk me into what I like. When my wife and I went to MAZDA we were both drawn immediately to the M3 Touring without even knowing what it was. Test drove it and a week later after I weight out the the things I could easily improve made one time offer to the dealership and Bought it !

I will say that the center on the dash information center did take a little getting use to. Now I can't image not having it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
The Navigation system. Why not just build into the dash like the 6. Or like every other car that has ever been built with such a system.
:confused1 1:You must be looking at an older 6, because ALL current generation Mazda models have a "tablet-on-top-of-dash" style infotainment screen. In fact, alot of luxury car models (including those from BMW, Audi, Lexus, Mercedes) also have a similar-styled screen, some of which look even more prominent than the screen on the 3. Must be an industry-wide design trend. In certain Audis, at least, it can be retracted into the dash, which would be a cool thing to have. In the 3, it is something that you will have to get use to.

The SD for navigation is so cheap why would this even be an issue??? Sorry but of all the things this would be the least of my concern?
True. You can buy a OEM Mazda SD map card for less than $100 on eBay or Amazon. Therefore, a lack of navigation should be a non-issue.

One lesson I've learned in my nearly 50 years of life is that NOTHING in the world is perfect. EVERYTHING has pros and cons. You just have to go with the "thing" that has the least amount of cons that you can live with. So, if your only complaints are the nav screen and a lack of SD card, I think you are well off in the 3.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Like other's have said, newer 6's (2016+ I believe) have the tablet style screen, too. I personally prefer this style because it's more in your line of sight compared to one that is integrated into the dash.

I'd also say that the 6 looks better overall however to me it's not worth spending the extra money. Just me though.

AFAIK the SD is an optional extra (but I think it's like this on the 6 as well?). I believe some on this forum have gotten Android Auto to work so that's one way to get nav.

I don't think anyone has tried taking off the screen so can't comment there.

In terms of wheels, I believe 18 or 19 would be ideal. There's a dedicated whee/tire subforum where you can view what others have bought.

Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts