·
DIY PRO
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Virgin mazda 3 skyactiv

35% front windows, 20% back windows

3m di-noc black carbon fiber wrapped front emblem

Custom molded in DRL LED

3000k UR HID fogs. They need to be moved up as they are hitting 4foot in front of the car.

removed the mazda emblems on the rear hatch.

After some di-noc and some paint.

got the custom sub box I had JTMS3 (member here) make for me. The box sub opening was a bit too small so after the shop opened it up a bit they were able to mount a 8" memphis 15-mcp8d4 sub woofer. The crossfire bmf25m amp was mounted under the driver seat. Pac II was used to tie it all in to the stock HU. 8gauge wiring was run for power
Here is the short video I made when I got home today:
New seat covers to protect my investment, being I will be climing in and out of my car very dirty I needed something to keep the seats looking new.

did a quick test fit, still need to pull them tight and attach the mounting hardware.

New mirrors and vent visors added.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83FfcAqcHS8&feature=youtu.be
Staytooned

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
those drl's are schweeeet

Reactions: mazda3UR

·
DIY PRO
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good. Which LED DRL did you use to mold into that housing?
It is a LED/ drl module that I sell. I'm considering a group buy for members depending on intrest.
I want to say, that the install of the LED is much more difficult than the peal and stick led strips that most are getting. It requires removing the bumper, removing the plastic surround around the fogs because it is all one piece. Once out the plastic needed to be cut. A dremmel with a cut off wheel and a grinding stone is your friend here. Once the opening was cut the module was apoxied in and wires were run.
I wired them to the IGN using an add a circut. I'm not sure I will leave it this way because of the 10-15second delay that the relay has after shutting down the car.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Looks good! I'm kind of tempted to do the DRL mod now haha.

·
Hai Guyz C:
774 Posts
do itttt. :yes:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Hella supertones gives the impression of a tongue lol! Nice job on your car!

Reactions: mazda3UR

·
Registered
206 Posts
very nice DLR

do you know where i can get a pair?

·
DIY PRO
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
very nice DLR
do you know where i can get a pair?
standard point and shoot cameara... stupid me I had it on indoor lighting instead of outside lighting. Been playing with the settings instead of leaving it on auto.. LOL
I got them used. The seller was selling two sets that were brand new only had 12 autocross runs on them.
My advice is to look every day.... that is what I did. When I found them I was ready to buy... don't pussyfoot around when you find a set. They will sell quick.

Can you explain more what you did with the headlights? What all did you change.
I opened up the headlights, replaced the halogen projectors with HID bi-xenon projectors. Then taped the highbeam circut so the highbeam works on the bi-xenon projector. This is why I get super bright high beams.:stuart:

Stock 16" tires and wheels weighed in at 40.4lbs each
These 17" tires and wheels weighed in at 36.2lbs each
I may get some 5mm spacers to push the wheels closer to being flush... But i'm very happy at the moment

1 - 20 of 49 Posts