2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Relatively new to Mazda broadly other than a 323 back in the early 90’s. I’m looking at a used 2012 2.0 Skyactive 4 door. It was driven as a lease and then the second owner. It came through Wisconsin and is now in Colorado. History seems good from paperwork and car fax. This would be my daily driver for 45 mile round trip commute in northern colorado, but it has rust. And to be honest I see little rust where I’m at even on undercarriage of my current cars. Any ideas a out how concerning this should be (see pics)... should I pass this by?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Been a long time with mostly salt on roads as Colorado often uses a sand mix up in northern Colorado at least. With info reading online regarding rust on Mazda, just trying to cover my bases. Appreciate the aid.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Fluid Film will take care of that...

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So effectively that fluid stops further spread of rust etc? Does it penetrate in such a way that it causes any further break down initially (to your knowledge or in your experience)?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
So effectively that fluid stops further spread of rust etc? Does it penetrate in such a way that it causes any further break down initially (to your knowledge or in your experience)?
Look into the reviews.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are great. Thanks for the recommendation and the resource. I would definitely head down this path with it. So final question and I recognize it is all opinion based but here it goes: if I am looking at a Mazda 3, as daily driver 45 miles round trip, In otherwise great condition with a good transmission and car is about 8 years old and under 90k miles for less than $7k with really just the rust concern, would you say in your observation/opinion that’s a good fair shake. I tend to think it is...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I all depends on the buyer, like you said it depends on opinions but it also depends on where the person is from, im from FL, but if i was buying a car i would like rust but i also lived in Wisconsin and if i was in the market i would expect rust.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts