2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
M3TH (Mazda 3 Turbo Hatchback 2021) Polymetal Grey PP
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody has their M3TH now for few months already and has pretty good amount of road time already. I already have 3.2K miles on my odometer already. I have a almost the same route 4 days week a mix of little town and mostly highway driving. Normal to moderate style of driving brings me around the 20-24 mpg only. Whenever I do full interstate driving at 60-80 mph I have a better result of 27-29 mpg. Everytime I fill up my " miles to next gas indicator is 240-250 miles. Since I got this car I always load it with 91 octane. BTW only mod I made to my M3TH is the Magnaflow Axle Back.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 3 GT hatch
124 Posts
That seems low...does your state have ethanol added? When it says up to 10% ethanol, that has the affect of lowering your mileage a bit.

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 3 Turbo
118 Posts
Everybody has their M3TH now for few months already and has pretty good amount of road time already. I already have 3.2K miles on my odometer already. I have a almost the same route 4 days week a mix of little town and mostly highway driving. Normal to moderate style of driving brings me around the 20-24 mpg only. Whenever I do full interstate driving at 60-80 mph I have a better result of 27-29 mpg. Everytime I fill up my " miles to next gas indicator is 240-250 miles. Since I got this car I always load it with 91 octane. BTW only mod I made to my M3TH is the Magnaflow Axle Back.
I've got 8.7k miles on my odometer, ran 93-octane for the life of the vehicle, and I've averaged around 27 mpg overall if I include the occasional lead-footed joyride.

Highway average: 32-36 mpg @ 65-75 mph
City/Suburb average: 18-22 mpg
Daily commute average (70% highway and 30% city): 28.6 mpg

Full tank projected range: 300-330 miles

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try to put back the stock axle back and see if the numbers are significant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Been wanting to create an account for a while now and this post made me do it. How the heck are you guys getting such good MPG??? I average 17 MPG, and if I start beating on it it will drop to single digits. When I fill up the car it reads 150 miles to empty. Bone stock 3 turbo premium plus hatch with 1,8xx miles

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Ben_21TPP
Try this bro. Fill up gas tank. Drive in manual mode all the time until next refill. Watch your instant mpg. In my case the gear 4 is more often the sweet spot. Doesn't mean that you have to stay on it all the time. Compared to automatic mode that has a more quite reving engine. In this manual mode you will notice that you are reving a bit more louder. Again watch your instant MPG. By the way driving on SPORTS mode while in automatic mode won't achieve the same result

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a G150 Sedan, 2.0 Mild Hybrid, 6 speed manual. I fill it up with ES95/100, currently have 5500km (3400 miles). So far, I'm consistently getting around 5.8 - 6 L/100km with extraurban driving (39 - 40 mpg). Note that I'm not driving particulary fast or agressive, however with my old Peugeot 308 (1.6 Turbo, 150HP, 5speed) I got around 7.5 - 8 L/100 km (29 - 31mpg) with the same driving style. We unfortunately don't get the Turbo in Europe (as far as I know), but it would be awesome, no matter the higher fuel consumption :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Been wanting to create an account for a while now and this post made me do it. How the heck are you guys getting such good MPG??? I average 17 MPG, and if I start beating on it it will drop to single digits. When I fill up the car it reads 150 miles to empty. Bone stock 3 turbo premium plus hatch with 1,8xx miles
My Hellcat gets better mpg than that. Either you have figured out how to drive uphill everywhere you go or something isn't right.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've got 8.7k miles on my odometer, ran 93-octane for the life of the vehicle, and I've averaged around 27 mpg overall if I include the occasional lead-footed joyride.

I am getting similar, albeit slightly worse, result as yours. 91 Octane Shell gas only, non-ethanol. And it has been fairly consistent, not improving with mileage rolling up. The big difference between highway and city mileage is actually quite surprising to me, because my previous 2020 M3 AWD difference was quite a bit smaller.

Oh, the previous 2020 M3 AWD does not get the 91 Octane fuel during the one year+ of ownership...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
311 Posts

I'm averaging the same but on 91-Octane most of the time hard to find 93 or 94 Octane but when I do I fill up with it..

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
With the Corksport axle back and resonator delete set up I am getting same mileage with the stock exhaust set-up. For some reason I had the best mileage with the Washer Exhaust hack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Hellcat gets better mpg than that. Either you have figured out how to drive uphill everywhere you go or something isn't right.
Update: I’m now almost at 7k miles. I average about 15MPG now in my mixed driving (mostly city). What’s really irritating me is how small the gas tank is and that the gas light comes on so freaking early. Example, yesterday the gas light came on after driving about 100 miles that tank. I filled up and it only took 8.x gallons, so I still had another 4 gallons to go but the light was on. If I keep going and run it to about 2 gallons left I get about 130-140 miles on a full tank of 93 octane

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Ben_21TPP
Believe it or not there is a way in properly driving the M3TH get a good mileage. You have to watch that "instant MPG" in relation to your gas pedal input. Pressing slowly and staying on that low rpm for a long time thinking you are getting good mpg is unfortunately the wrong way. Get to your desired speed fast, release that gas pedal and press back on it to cruise and you are now hovering on a better " instant mpg" reading. I might need to make a short vid of this for you to help you with mpg issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts