2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

There seems to be a lot of talk about how to change the existing crappy trunk lights to LEDs but there isn't much to be found about installing a trunk light from scratch.

I have the 2010 M3 and I want to put in a trunk light because it is so annoying not being able to see inside the trunk at all lol. Originally I was planning on tapping into the dome light by fishing a wire from the trunk to the ceiling of the car, but then I was wondered how exactly all the other M3s with trunk lights were wired up. My goal is to do a Dealer equivalent job or close to it.

Does anyone have any wiring diagrams or know how to wire the trunk light?
And if you can tap into the dome light, how would you modify the console to do so?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Install a trunk light from scratch? You want a light bulb or something because I'm not following what you're asking. People wire up LED strips to the trunk because they provide adequate lighting. And they run the wire under the carpet, not headliner. You wouldn't need to know how to wire the trunk light since its already wired. I'm not sure what exactly it is that you're asking

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts