2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Mazda 3 Touring, and I have been disappointed by the stock halogen bulb performance as of late considering my other vehicle has HID's stock. I did a bunch of research, spent several hours really seeing what would be best for my headlight housing since it has a reflector and a projector for high/low beams. Since I am new to the forum I can't post links, guess it's to get around first post bot accounts soliciting but search google for "bulb facts" and check out his website with reviews, lot's of good information there. With that being said I went with a deAutoLED HID kit(H11 5000K), they're completely plug and play. The hardest part of the install was removing the wheels and the plastic tabs to peel back the wheel liner to get better access to the headlight housing. The ballast comes with a bolt and or double sided tape to mount it, I just mounted it onto the inner fender after cleaning all the dirt off. There was room to mount it on the frame rail also but it wouldn't have had an as big contact patch.

Attached to this post you can see the stock halogen vs the HID kit, notice that the cutoff is the same so it won't be blinding any other drivers. As you can see the brightness and color temperature are a night and day difference. I am waiting on deAutoLED to get their 9005 highbeam LED kit in stock, it hasn't been released yet but once it is I will add another post to this thread with pictures of that.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can't seem to edit my original post, I forgot to mention that deAutoLED has a lifetime warranty(I'm old now and these things matter) and ships for free which was a huge plus for me. I've already had to contact their customer service for an issue related to me ordering the wrong bulb type at first and they replied within an hour. Their website is kind of janky but the product speaks for itself.

·
Your mom goes to college.
71 Posts
Did you get H11 or H11B bulbs? I see a vertical shadow above the hotspot, so I'm thinking H11. FYI, for your next set, H11B doesn't have that shadow.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you get H11 or H11B bulbs? I see a vertical shadow above the hotspot, so I'm thinking H11. FYI, for your next set, H11B doesn't have that shadow.
I made a little research most site appears h11, not found with h11b

Can I use 55watts HID kit?

Enviado desde mi Mi MIX 2 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It doesn't specify H11 A or B with the kit but the return wire when locked into the headlight was on the bottom. I also took the picture before the HIDs had a chance to warm up completely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts