2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken the car into the dealer 3 times to fix the "drift" to the Left problem.
They say and Mazda Corp says the car is fine and up to specs. The car still drifts
left. I have had two different friends with me and showed them how the car drifts
and both say "this is NOT normal".. Dah
I have involved the BBB but they are not much help.
I have seen other posts by people with the same problem? Anybody else out there?
I want Mazda to buy this car back. It is a brand new 2012! If I expected any problems with
a car I would have bought used not brand new!:argh 1:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I just bought mine yesterday and so far its as true as an arrow, but then again i insisted on test driving the car i bought to make sure it was up to par. There is some cabin shaking while idle but im sure that normal. . .

You should contact Mazda directly, dealers will always try to get around doing too much work after you've paid.

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
There could be a few things to this story first how new is the car? Btw karenmarie welcome to the forum!

·
DIY PRO
1,036 Posts
welcome
What has the dealer done to resolve the issue?
rotation?
Check for a hanging caliper?
wheel balance?
Alignment?
Can you post a copy of your alignment sheet?
which way does it drift?
How many miles are on your "brand new 2012"?
how fast to you need to be doing when it drifts?
Does it happen while accelerating, braking, coasting (as already asked)?
Does it always happen on every roadway or just one section of roadway in your area?

·
Former VW Driver
172 Posts
I had this on 2 new cars. The first time was a PITA because they kept telling me the car was fine. I finally told them that I wasn't taking the car back until they fixed it.

Lo and behold it was radial pull on 2 tires. They replaced the tires and it was perfect.

The second car I noticed it right when I picked it up from the dealer. Brought it back and told them.... if the alignment is good please check the tires. That car had on bad tire.

No issues so far on my SkyActiv with 933 miles on it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I went through this with a new Jeep. I brought it back to the dealer 5 times, I took it myself to 2 alignment shops and and finally to a laser frame straightener auto body shop. Dozens of balance and rotations.

It was bad tires. The dealer would not admit to it.

Finally with 30k I put on some new BFG' Ats and alignment was perfect.

I cant guarantee its your tires, but before you go through all the headache I did, try see if you can swap rims and tires for a test ride just to see.

Good Luck

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Most drift or pull issues are tire related. Swap the two front tires only (left to right, right to left) and see if the car still drifts left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts