2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, long time lurker finally posting.

I've had my mazda for a while now and some exterior parts started to interest me. I decided to bite the bullet and I ordered a rear diffuser confident I would be able to fit it myself. The diffuser I ordered was the MV-Tuning one from Russia (it looks great, image attached). Little did I realise that the exhaust extensions it came with required welding, but that's something I can get done at a later date. My main issue is the actual fitting of the diffuser on my specific model.

I'm finding it difficult to see how I can fit this as I had not realised that my rear bumper lip is different to most as it has the extra break light on it, along with quite a number of fastenings to the main chasis (or actual bumper, I can't tell). I have not found a single tutorial or any infomation regarding the removal of the lip, not to mention replacing it and fitting the new diffuser securely with it own break light to replace the old one. I had thought that my rear lip was standard.

Please excuse my noobness, i'm fairly new to car modifications (i'm a comp sci undergrad, so more of a software guy haha)

Any advice would be great. I've included images (to best of my ability for underside) of my vehicle and the diffuser infomation. Mainly how to remove the tab shown in the underside image

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
It just sticks on / bolts through the back (not sure), but that plastic area is actually part of the painted bumper. If you get under it again and look for the seam you'll see what I mean. Looking at position you may just be able to pop yours out and feed the new light in fairly easy, easier than a US model that doesn't have that option.

That clip you pointed to was support for the whole bumper.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts