2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi

I have a mazda 3 2016 iTouring, i changed the license plate and interior cabin to use LED bulb. Somehow my trunk can no longer open by the key fob or release button from inside cabin

Is there a way to manually open the trunk? There is no keyhole to open the trunk

Went to dealership, and they said it probably shorted due to the LED work. And it is not covered by the warranty

Any idea how to open trunk manually? Thanks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you use the unlock button from the driver's door it should unlock the trunk. Actually that probably won't work. Need to check your fuse's. Probably just a blown fuse. Not sure how you shorted something by just switching to LED bulbs. Unless you were cutting and wiring stuff up. Dealer is full of crap. They found an escape goat.

If your messing with anything electrical you should always disconnect your battery. Replacing a bulb should not cause a short though. I have replaced many bulbs without disconnecting the battery. If you plan to cut wires you better disconnect the battery.

Check your fuses.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Found this on 3-12 in the op manual

Locking, Unlocking with Key
All doors and the liftgate lock
automatically when the driver's door is
locked using the key.

All doors and the liftgate unlock when the
driver's door is unlocked and the key is
held in the unlock position for one second
or longer. Turn the key toward the front to lock,
toward the back to unlock.

If this doesn't work then you fried something most likely. Hopefully just a fuse.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply and point out 7-40, I finally found the emergency unlock on trunk. The emergency lever is inside the left side top baby seat tie plastic cover, inside there is a lever. I use a screw driver and tilt it to the left. It will lower the left side backseat. Now i can access to the trunk and move that illuminated plastic lever to open my trunk manually

Thank guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the reply and point out 7-40, I finally found the emergency unlock on trunk. The emergency lever is inside the left side top baby seat tie plastic cover, inside there is a lever. I use a screw driver and tilt it to the left. It will lower the left side backseat. Now i can access to the trunk and move that illuminated plastic lever to open my trunk manually

Thank guys!
The emergency lever is on the right side top baby seat tie plastic cover when looking at the front of the vehicle. When you look at the rear of the vehicle it is on the left side.
I had a similar issue with my Mazda and thanks to wingchuihk for the instructions or I would never access the boot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts