2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been minor discussion about this going around but nothing set yet. Its still early enough in the year that we can find some charity to contribute to in some way. We're months away from Toy for Tots and the Marines do a pretty good job keeping up with them.

Looking for ideas and maybe we'll have an opportunity to organize something big. Maybe even incorporate it into a meet. EECMM perhaps?

I want to hear input though so let me know what you all think. Lets see what good we can do.

So please supply thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc. We'd love to hear about it.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
this is a great idea! i would like to do the toys for tots during the christmas season, that would be a good way to end the year.

I had in mind maybe charity event for like breast cancer research or something like that!

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
I love the idea of Toys for Tots. What my other car club does is they have a meet and everyone comes with a toy, thats ur ticket in basically. My work does Toys for Tots and it really is a cool thing.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And for a meeting during the summer months?

·
1,234 Posts
I would love to hit three charities per year: AIDS, breast cancer and Toys for Tots. Can we make this happen Revolution members?!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
November is basically when we can collect toys for the tots.
December is AIDS awareness....

Thats all end of year. Maybe scoop up something in the summer.

2008 National Health Observances
http://www.healthfinder.gov/library/nho/nho.asp

·
Banned
1,111 Posts
What were doing at work right now is the March of Dimes. I donated $25 to them for "Blue Jeans for Babies" and now I can wear jeans to work on fridays.

There is also the March of Dimes walk in March or April I dont remember.. but we could always do that next year. Its at Mercer County Park in West Windsor NJ. The park is huge, could all park together then do the walk and then have a BBQ or something somewhere. But I say we save that for next year.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats actually a great idea. I think we could all use a little walking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts