2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so some people like to call their mazda 3 an "M3".

What's the general concensus on this? Personally I find it stupid, "bro, it's a mazda 3, not a BMW M3".

You see what I'm getting at here?

All I'm saying is that there is already a car whose actual tag is M3. I just find it annoying when pretentious little douches are like my m3 this my m3 that. BRO ITS A MAZDA 3 NOT A BEAMER

Thanks for listening to my rant. If you want an m3 get a Beamer :).

·
Registered
178 Posts
Don't know anything about BMW except my client had one (325i if I recall correctly) and I thought it was a piece of ^*&%. I type M3 as a short cut, who knew it was so upsetting to others. Live and learn.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
the 3 Mazda 3 mz3 are my 3 favorites or my ironic name on mine red rocket lol. the actual name of the car designated by Mazda is Mazda MAZDA3 which is odd they repeat Mazda in the model.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't know anything about BMW except my client had one (325i if I recall correctly) and I thought it was a piece of ^*&%. I type M3 as a short cut, who knew it was so upsetting to others. Live and learn.
I'm curious, what made it a piece of shit?

Why not just type "3"?
Do people type "my H civic", "my B 328i"?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I just call it the 3 for short but I could roll with the Mz3. I now understand why there's so much M3 talk on this forum :)

M3 confuses me when I see it. It doesn't bother me, as already stated to me it's just a name that already belongs to something else.

·
Registered
290 Posts
What's wrong with typing M3 on here?
I don't personally do it, but it's just an abbreviation
If someone types it here on this forum then you can safely assume that they are referring to their Mazda 3
And if someone actually wants to refer to a BMW, then you would assume they would know to type 'BMW' before the M3 so it would not be mistaken
Someone wouldn't type 'M3' to refer to their Mazda on a BMW forum and vice versa

amirite?

Why is this even a big deal

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts

Why not just type "3"?
well its a bmw need we say more, I mean come on almost the entire cooling system is plastic, and inadequate at best, then you get the oil starvation issues, I could keep listing but its a waste of time on a mazda 3 forum so I wont. and no, no one says my h civic or stupid crap like that, that I have seen. now if you think about the actual name of our cars, the entire name plate is brand: Mazda model:MAZDA3 (the Mazda in the model is usually in all caps everywhere I see it) so my mazda m3 is not entirely wrong neither is my m3 but im with many on here that just sounds odd so I use mz3 for the regular ones short hand and ms3 for the speed 3 variants

What's wrong with typing M3 on here?
I don't personally do it, but it's just an abbreviation
If someone types it here on this forum then you can safely assume that they are referring to their Mazda 3
And if someone actually wants to refer to a BMW, then you would assume they would know to type 'BMW' before the M3 so it would not be mistaken
Someone wouldn't type 'M3' to refer to their Mazda on a BMW forum and vice versa

amirite?

Why is this even a big deal
Kinda wondered the same thing, but I went down the path of posting anyways, guess that's how bored I am at work right now.....

·
Registered
178 Posts
The driver seat was uncomfortable, though leather and it just was a rattle box, not only could you feel the road, you could feel/hear every rivet and bolt, at least that was my experience. The look was not impressive at all and compared to my m3 its a 1, and I never had the though, yea I will drive the BMW today, never.

Why not just type "3"?
Haha, I don't get 3, what kind of name is that?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If i'm speaking with relatives I say M3. When speaking with friends and non-relatives, I say Mazda 3. When I know I'm speaking with a honda fan I say Mhazdha!
:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts