2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My January 2010 issue of Car and Driver has an article on the Mazda 3/ Mazdaspeed 3 with the headline: more evidence that fun remains affordable. The Mazda Miata is also on the list. I have not seen the info posted on Car and Driver's website.

·
Token Fiero Owner
375 Posts
haha i saw that issue today at work, I was like hey!

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Car and Driver must love the 3. This is at least the second article. It was on the October 2009 issue (front cover) for "Best Car under $20,000"!

·
Registered
275 Posts
It makes me feel good to know that this car as well as my previous, Honda Fit, have been great choices!

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 2010 Mazda 3 has been getting so much love I see it in almost every car mag!!!! All of them have great things to say about this car!

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
The 3 is a great car. Mazda didn't tinker too much with the formula (except for getting rid of those horrible Goodyear Eagle's...have to admit, the Yokos are muuuuch better). I'm just hoping this doesn't attract thieves to our cars.

·
Registered
750 Posts
That is great news. I have always felt the 3 was underrated by the folks who give out those types of awards, despite the fact it easily won countless side-by-side road tests against everything in its class/price range.

I'm not really happy with the Yoko's, so I can't imagine how bad the Goodyear RSA's were!

·
Token Fiero Owner
375 Posts
My car came with Toyo's, they're pretty meh.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have not seen the Mazda 3 as a big target of theft. Now that we have microchipped keys, they're more difficult to steal. Plus thieves like to take older cars. https://www.nicb.org/newsroom/nicb_campaigns/hot–wheels/hot–wheels

Earlier Mazda 3's had a great pro theft feature. If one hits the passenger door hard in just the right spot it will affect the lock assembly mechanism and unlock the doors.

Hoping they fixed that before the '10 3's came out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts