2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum members,

I am a newbee here, although I have been part of other auto owner/enthusiast forums previously.

My wife and I own a 2015 Mazda 3 hatchback, with the 2.5L Skyactive engine. We have a crack in one LED tail lamp and are open to considering options to replace it.

I'm having some trouble identifying the correct tail lamp part numbers (passenger side: bhp251150c vs bhp251150e), and I am worried I've identified the tail lamp OEM model number for the sedan body style vs the hatchback. Could someone help? I did a quick search but didn't see an existing forum that had the part information.

I don't have a stubby, flex-head ratchet and am concerned how easy it will be to replace the tail lamps. Anyone replaced or executed a full LED mod that could indicate the effort involved, and whether a metric ratchet set is actually necessary?

Also, we're open to an inexpensive, after market LED tail lamp pair as OEM prices are - not surprisingly - expensive from dealerships.

Really happy to hear back any thoughts or suggestion.

Thank you!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@Luis_Heineken Thank you for your response, I'll definitely use this reference going forward.

And, what generation of Audi do you have? I may have some parts you could use, but I can definitely recommend you connect with people from another forum I belonged to. VW & Audi share so many parts going back to the 1990s and you can find VW owners with the parts that are potentially shared on your Audi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts