2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking at these forums the past few weeks. Tried to wait to post here until after I bought the car. Traded in a 2005 Scion tC and this is my first Mazda.

Just got home from picking up my Black on Black Mazda 3s GT Sedan 6 Spd w/ Bose & Tech from Nelson Mazda up in Antioch, TN.

The TN dealer was working on getting a Graphite one earlier in the week, but that one was sold before they got to it. Luckily black was my first choice to begin with. They had it trucked in from an Ohio dealership, so it only had 14 miles when I arrived to test drive it. Not only that, but manufacturer date is 08/09 (birthday month coincidence hmm), so in before the mid-year deletions! Woo! :thumbup:

They still "only" charged me the typical $400 transport fee for the truck transport. $23011 after the $500 cash incentive (including transport) before taxes/fees. Even got off the regional ad fee they seem to require all dealers in TN to have (~249). In by a nose for the 0%/60 months. :) I feel I did pretty good in any case as I got exactly what I wanted to begin with and the deletions bonus.

Local dealer was trying to screw me over on my trade-in and claimed this car didn't exist for sale in the US... err... I feel like taking it over there to show them this mythical beast :Na_Na_Na_Na: I guess I should call my car Sasquatch now. I just hope their service department is better than their sales people.

·
zoom freakin' zoom
613 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on the purchase. At the time it must have been a pita but now that you got exactly what you wanted at a good deal, it seems your local dealer did you a favor. lol

I can feel your pain....I live a mile from a Mazda dealer and from past experiences will not enter their doors again....so I drove 40 miles to buy my wife's 3.

Be sure to post up some pics.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
welcome to our site blackforge. you'll find all sorts of great info here, and congrats on what sounds like an awesome deal. don't forget to post up some pics of your new set of wheels. hows your new ride compared to the tc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome!

I'm in Athens, AL and picked up a 2010 Mazdaspeed from Hiley. They treated me well and gave me a good trade, but I bought the previous car from them to begin with so I guess that helps. They even gave me x-plan on the MS3 which I was very happy about. Sorry you had a bad experience :(

On to their service department....all I can say is AVOID. I haven't had a positive experience from them yet.

Hope you have a better experience if you go to them though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I lived in Athens, AL for quite a few years, until the end of 2008 to live closer to work. Unfortunately I just really haven't had much luck with the sales side of any of the dealers that have been in the Hiley buildings. I think it's those trench coats the sales people wear during the colder months that makes them treat me poorly... ;) I've bought my last two cars from TN, so I am apparently developing a habit, or just the HSV dealers don't care for me.

Sucks to hear that about the Hiley service department. Hopefully I won't need anything done.

There is a lot less body roll than my tC and just a better general sportiness of what I had been missing from previous vehicles. I went from a 2003 Eclipse GTS to a 2005 Scion tC at the time due to a wreck and being upside down on the loan with no GAP, etc. I definitely missed the suspension more than anything. I wanted to reclaim some of that while maintaining or getting a little better MPG/horsepower without having to break into the premium (not that I can't afford it.. I just don't feel like it heh). Car seemed to have the right balance for the sportiness, power, "luxury features", pricing and my love for gadgets that I was looking for. Still don't see too many of them on the road around here yet, so I dig that a bit too.

Took the car on a quick little trip to Atlanta this week for a concert. Really gave me a good feel for the car and made me feel a bit better about my decision. Even the NAV was good enough for the few places we went to in the area. It was a lot less annoying than I had read about on the forums (driving through Nashville with it enabled is still a no-no though, due to how it handles the HOV lanes). It handled really well through the little wintery rain/snow I went through. Wind noise is a little less or just a different kind of pitch than the tC. Road noise is comparable to the tC. Ride is a little firmer than the 3s Sport I test drove, but I'm pretty sure that is mainly due to the Toyo Proxes A18s that my car came with more than anything. Overall the tires aren't too bad at the moment.

Need to wash it this weekend because of the trip, so I'll try to take some pictures. Need to update my cleaning supplies anyways heh. I apologize if I tend to ramble on..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I took my speed3 to ATL weekend before last for a concert too. Saw Muse live at the Gwinnett center. Awesome show. Who'd you go see?

Installed the Corksport intake and Jbarone SSP this weekend. Install wasn't too hard but was rough on the back LOL.

Hope you have better luck at Hiley service too if you need to go there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I took my speed3 to ATL weekend before last for a concert too. Saw Muse live at the Gwinnett center. Awesome show. Who'd you go see?

Installed the Corksport intake and Jbarone SSP this weekend. Install wasn't too hard but was rough on the back LOL.

Hope you have better luck at Hiley service too if you need to go there.
You may or may not know who it is, but I saw Puscifer at Center Stage. Met Maynard James Keenan as well (albeit very briefly and he's a little guy heh). Definitely not your typical concert and probably not what most people were expecting (a little bit of comedy, some theatrics, some cool visuals and some good music).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts