2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have 2 issues arise recently with my Mazda 3 auto, 2005, 140k.

1. At low speeds and reversing there is a squeaking noise coming from the front left wheel. As soon as i press the break pedal the noise stops but starts again when the break pedal is not pressed. This noise happens very frequently and gets worse when driving uphill.

The calipers and underside of the car are rusty... could this be contributing?

2. When accelerating during low RPMS around 1000-2000 there is a quiet growling/rattling sound. As soon as it reaches above 2000 rpm the noise goes and it sounds great. Only happens during accelerating. Doesn't seem like there's any power drop however the car isnt great overall at accelerating.

Any help would be appreciated. 1st car and these noises are driving me nuts!

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
1. you have already determined what the problem is

it's your brakes

get them looked at

2. could be a trillion things
while he didnt add much for you to go on i agree its a brake issue. external parts of the calipers will get rusty as they age nothing you can do there but if your rotors have a ton of rust on them it can cause squealing and vibrations and other issues like you are seeing and low pad levels can as well. i would swing it into a shop asap and have them give it a good look over on the front brakes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Chances are that growling you hear is a wheel bearing. An easy check, lift front wheel side that seems to be rumbling, or both if necessary on a jack, grab tire firmly at each side and give it a shake back and forth like your trying to remove it off the hub, if it has any wobbling or movement at all or is slopping around its the bearing. If its tight then ide suspect the CV joint in front axle.

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
Chances are that growling you hear is a wheel bearing. An easy check, lift front wheel side that seems to be rumbling, or both if necessary on a jack, grab tire firmly at each side and give it a shake back and forth like your trying to remove it off the hub, if it has any wobbling or movement at all or is slopping around its the bearing. If its tight then ide suspect the CV joint in front axle.
thats the next thing to check on after you check/change the pads and rotors but more than likely its a brake issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts