2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i just got my first car and its a 2015 Mazda3iT Snowflake White Pearl Mica and i was wondering if you guys have any tips for me to take care of my car for the long run. I really don't want to mess up my paint with any swirl marks or anything as well as messing up the interior with the wrong products. So can I get some help in the proper way and method of cleaning the interior/ exterior part of the car? All help will be appreciated thank you in advance:smile2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
For exterior: Use a two bucket washing system with grit guards in both, use only microfibre on paint, and clay bar before you wax to remove any contaminants and dirt that washing didn't remove before sealing it all in with wax. If you use reddit at all, check out the Auto Detailing sub, I'm new to this too so I've been reading it a lot lately. I haven't read up about interior detailing yet so I can't help there, hah. Here's their wiki: index - AutoDetailing

·
Registered
578 Posts

For interior I use a product called 303 aerospace protectant. It's good on all types of materials and works really well.
Yes. 303 is very great for vinyl and many plastics. It helps to make the black plastics and vinyl a more rich dark color and it also protects them from sun damage. Its also really cheap on Amazon. Its pretty much like "Sunscreen" lol. You can use it for interior and exterior plastics/vinyl and much much more.

Reactions: nanxun and jartal

·
Registered
578 Posts
For exterior: Use a two bucket washing system with grit guards in both, use only microfibre on paint, and clay bar before you wax to remove any contaminants and dirt that washing didn't remove before sealing it all in with wax. If you use reddit at all, check out the Auto Detailing sub, I'm new to this too so I've been reading it a lot lately. I haven't read up about interior detailing yet so I can't help there, hah. Here's their wiki: index - AutoDetailing
^ Excellent. Some people who lack certain washing tools like pressure washers and foam guns can go to a car wash and use their wash-by-hand bays too. Its a couple of quarters and/or dollars. What you can do is use the two bucket method, but have buckets with lids that seal nicely so it won't spill when you drive to the car wash bay and just use their pressure washer along with your buckets of pre-made soap and what not. I like doing this since it won't kill my water bill at home and the water that goes down the drain is re-filtered and used again. So no chemicals from the cleaning products contaminate the land. Also you can use their filtered water to rinse your car with the pressure washer so you won't get that nasty mineral residue if you miss a spot while drying the car with a waffle-weave towel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hello, i just got my first car and its a 2015 Mazda3iT Snowflake White Pearl Mica and i was wondering if you guys have any tips for me to take care of my car for the long run. I really don't want to mess up my paint with any swirl marks or anything as well as messing up the interior with the wrong products. So can I get some help in the proper way and method of cleaning the interior/ exterior part of the car? All help will be appreciated thank you in advance:smile2:
The best way to get it really clean, inside and outside sonax.com :|

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.