2004 to 2020 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been chasing a noise at the back of my car, and it is driving me nuts. I finally find the source of the noise, but I have no idea how I could fix this. I read a lot of topics around noise at the back of the car, but nothing is like my issue.
I made a video of it:
youtu.be/toWs0vEu8Lw

The noise only happens when pushing the frame in the middle, and no noise when I drive the boot open. So it seems like the boot is adding some pressure to the frame with the road vibrations and make this annoying noise.

Any ideas? Sounds like the metal itself is cracking and can't see how to fix that. I am almost considering selling the car as I can't support the noise it is making anymore.

Thanks,

PS: This is a Japanese import Mazda Axela SkyActiv 2012

·
Demon Spawn
758 Posts
if it is indeed frame splitting the car is not roadworthy anymore and it will cost an arm and a leg to fix, more than its worth usually, which is why when a car gets frame damage insurance companies ALWAYS total them no matter the value. you then also usually must get a salvage title if it is fixed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully this is not that bad.
When I went to the dealer last time they told me that they fixed the spoiler, but I knew that it was not the problem. Then they said that they need to remove the suspension to investigate... I don't think this is a problem with the suspension. I will go again to the dealer and explain where the noise is coming from. I just don't trust the dealer. They can't fix my broken IStop neither :(
but for now I don't have other choices.
Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts