2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

So I've had morimoto HIDs installed on my Mazda 3 for a while and I love them. But I figured I'd get your guys input on what this could be. Its been there since the beginning. Theres a "black spot" where the light projects. It's the two lines in the beam. I'm assuming it's from the projectors. It's nothing big but I'm just very nitpicky. I have attached a picture of it as well. Other than that, I'd recommend everyone go with morimoto HIDs. Its worth every penny.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, just to add in, it's a 2010 Mazda 3 Hatchback GX. It doesn't come with HID headlights. Just stock ugly yellow halogens

·
Registered
8 Posts
You need H11B bulbs - the H11A bulb orientation in the stock projectors will cause that beam shadow. I had the same issue in my '12 sky hatch - fixed with the correct bulbs.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey Guys,

So I've had morimoto HIDs installed on my Mazda 3 for a while and I love them. But I figured I'd get your guys input on what this could be. Its been there since the beginning. Theres a "black spot" where the light projects. It's the two lines in the beam. I'm assuming it's from the projectors. It's nothing big but I'm just very nitpicky. I have attached a picture of it as well. Other than that, I'd recommend everyone go with morimoto HIDs. Its worth every penny.
I know this is very late, but did you ever find out regarding the black spots? my question, did you get H11A or H11B bulbs? the reason being is the location of the filament/ bulb. since we have mazdas, it is recommended to get H11B bulbs for our cars in regards to HID.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The bulbs may be in upside down. The electrode runs parallel to the bulb and blocks light. That electrode may be blocking the light shining on the ground, rather than the light up above (that is already blocked by the low-beam shield).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts