2004 to 2016 Mazda 3 Forum and Mazdaspeed 3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2005 Mazda 3 2.3 hatchback for my first car and I absolutely love the car except for the headlights. When I got the car the lights were just not bright so I put new Silverstar ultras in along with new bulb holder sockets and they work great for the high beam but the low beam is still just not bright at all. The low beams on my family's 95 chevy blazer are about 10x brighter than mine, I have tried polishing the lens, cleaning all connectors and everything but they still are just not bright. It's almost to the point where I almost have to leave my high beams on to be able to see, any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the bulbs are dim and yellowish, you might have a bad ground. If not, the reflector surfaces inside the light box might be compromised.
The bulbs look pretty white but Ill double-check them. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I also noticed that when I turn the steering wheel the lights will get a little dimer aswell. Could it also be the projectors in the assembly? I was thinking maybe they could be a little hazed or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts